- Plant Science R&D Technician - Brooklyn (New York) USA
- Head Grower - Alberta, Canada
- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
Top 5 -yesterday
- On-site production of hydrogen peroxide provides solution against biofilm
- Growing tomatoes on perlite, why not?
- Canadian greenhouse operation steadies cash flow by shining the light
- Biden's immigration reform is "fundamentally different" to emancipate farmworkers
- US (TX): FarmVisionAI, former Illumitex, is now out of business
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
Are you a self-directed individual looking to take your horticulture experience to new horizons? If so, we would love to hear from you!
At GoodLeaf Farms we are focused on producing local and ultra-fresh greens, without pesticides. We do this in an innovative way using efficient vertical farming. We have an R&D farm in Bible Hill, NS and Canada’s first and only commercial scale vertical farm in Guelph, ON and are rapidly growing to other regions across Canada.
GoodLeaf Farms has a strategic partnership with and investment from McCain Foods Limited, the world’s largest manufacturer of frozen potato products and a global leader in appetizers and snacks. This partnership enables the successful candidate to experience rapid innovation, entrepreneurship and be part of a new revolution in controlled environment agriculture, a new technology to grow fresh and nutritious leafy greens of the highest quality and flavour, in an environmentally sustainable way, 365 days per year!
We are recruiting for a Horticulture Specialist to join our Horticulture and Operations Team as we focus on continuous improvement. In collaboration with our Head Grower, this role will develop and maintain horticulture process quality control and verify the structure around the growing practices of GoodLeaf Farms. The Horticulture Specialist will provide guidance and assistance to operational and horticulture staff to ensure the continuous growth of a top-quality product for our customers.
The Horticulture Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Aid in the execution of both short-term and long-term projects that allow for the continuous improvement of GoodLeaf Farms growing systems
- Optimize tools to increase Quality & Quantity of produced leafy greens including - functional foods, LED recipes, nutrient recipes, substrate trays, bench and irrigation strategies, atmospheric controls, crop genetics and post-harvest life extension.
- Determine best methods and variables for assessing harvested plant quality
- Periodically perform an assessment of the seeding line to verify seeding densities
- Provide training and assistance to production floor team members as required in the seeding and harvest areas to ensure optimal product quality
- Write and update SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) as required and associated documentation
- Create and manage a database for all variables associated with quality and quantity
- Develop and maintain KPI (key performance indicators) reporting
Qualifications and Education Requirements & Preferred Skills
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture or a related discipline (plant sciences or horticulture preferred) and commercial growing experience is considered a strong asset
- A minimum of 7 years of commercial growing experience preferably in controlled environment agriculture will be considered in lieu of formal education
- Ability to work non-standard hours, or be on call
- Experience with agricultural equipment
- Strong leadership abilities
- Prioritizes the Health & Safety of oneself and others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Operational aptitude
- Business acumen
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
We pride ourselves in having a great team, who understands the importance of locally produced food and growing a great product.
Want to join us? Candidates are asked to submit their resumes by email to the attention of Amelia Robertson, HR Administrator, email@example.com