- Plant Science R&D Technician - Brooklyn (New York) USA
- Head Grower - Alberta, Canada
- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
Top 5 -yesterday
- On-site production of hydrogen peroxide provides solution against biofilm
- Growing tomatoes on perlite, why not?
- Canadian greenhouse operation steadies cash flow by shining the light
- Biden's immigration reform is "fundamentally different" to emancipate farmworkers
- US (TX): FarmVisionAI, former Illumitex, is now out of business
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
We are looking for the best of the best. People with the burn to succeed. People with the highest level of integrity, professionalism, and desire to go beyond the status quo.
The Senior Maintenance Engineer (SME) will be responsible to ensure the continuous and efficient operation of greenhouse systems, equipment, and machinery (water technical, lighting, shading, venting, cooling, heating, CO2, seeding, germination, harvesting) throughout the BrightFarms facilities and assist R&D with to incorporate new technologies and continual improvements to equipment and systems. This role is responsible to improve production facilities, reduce the incidences of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of the facilities, personnel, and production processes. This role also will participate in the development and ongoing effectiveness of facility management systems and tracking programs for preventative maintenance tasks. You will work with the Facility Managers to increase their knowledge and effectiveness of greenhouse systems. This information will be tracked and measured through performance metrics. This role is vital to the efficiency, development and progress of all the processes inside the greenhouses. Under direction of the Senior Director, Technology and Innovation, you are required to maintain open communication about any doubts, questions, changes and/or issues.
This role includes managing multiple greenhouse maintenance system improvement projects and supporting the Engineering Project Manager for larger capital improvement projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow up on maintenance strategies, procedures and methods.
- Continuous improvement and administration of Preventative Maintenance programs for all equipment and building systems.
- Maintain log of all maintenance performed.
- Ensure all work has been completed on time in a safe, prompt and professional manner.
- Perform analysis to determine the root cause of the most critical and repetitive equipment failures.
- Monitor greenhouse software and ensure all programming is accurate and interfacing with hardware.
- Check alarms on all irrigation, heating, cooling and dosing equipment in the greenhouse.
- Report to the greenhouse General Managers (dotted line reporting) regarding the status of work and projects.
- Control and track maintenance inventory (tools, equipment, spare parts).
- Participate in maintenance meetings when topics include greenhouse systems, projects, maintenance issues, etc.
- Inspect equipment and conduct routine maintenance regularly.
- Provide technical support and trainings on new equipment.
- Provide for an efficient turnover of a quality plant to operations.
- Ensure that the technical and quality requirements of the facilities are met.
- Develop a team safety awareness culture on assigned projects from the design phase through construction and into operations.
- Assist with technical due diligence in conjunction with operational issues as requested.
- Facilitate effective feedback to internal and external resources to identify efficiencies and improvements in project quality, reliability, costs, schedule or other parameters that enhance Company's strategic initiatives.
- Ensures all relevant internal controls are followed and recommend new controls as needed.
- Maintain a keen focus on identifying and recommending continuous improvement initiatives aimed at delivering projects more efficiently in terms of time, cost, quality, and safety. The goal is to develop a maintenance execution platform that is best-in-class.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 8+ years’ work experience as a Maintenance Engineer or similar position in a team- based environment.
- 8+ years of controlled environment agriculture experience.
- Advanced knowledge of greenhouse mechanical, electrical, plumbing and heating systems.
- Ability to read systems schematics.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of safety and equipment procedures.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with strong focus on teamwork and interface with a broad range of work groups.
- Ability to analyze project risks and proactively identify solutions with a flexible, creative, and solution-focused outlook on problem solving.
- Strong prioritization and multitasking skills with the ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing business environment with typically tight schedules and demanding targets.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Primavera or MS Project scheduling tools, and cost management software.
- Self-starter and have the ability to manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Effectively provides and receives information orally in individual and group situations. Written expression is clear, concise, and conveys the desired message.
- Positive collaborative team attitude.
- Ability to take initiative and self-start projects.
- Inquisitive mindset, ability to take calculated risks and be able/willing to recognize and react as necessary when tactics are not working.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs.
- Fanatical focus on customer service to ensure internal/external partners receive above-and-beyond support.
- Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience in design, installation, and commissioning of greenhouse equipment and systems.
- Understand/experience in agriculture industry as it relates to hydroponics and greenhouse growing operations
- Advanced degrees in engineering or business.
- Based out of an east coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable. Frequent travel to other facilities required (50%-75%).
Key Values & Characteristics of Candidates
- Authentically Green. Candidates must sincerely care about leading the movement to improve the environmental impact of the food supply chain. Candidates must be passionate about creating a healthier planet, environment and food supply. The background and experience of candidates should reflect a true passion for improving the way we feed Americans.
- Candidates should be the types of networkers that connect quickly and collect people as they move through life. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate their network of relevant relationships.
- Drive to Succeed. Candidates must have hunger and ambition and must get out of bed and want to strongly perform every day, internally motivated. Candidates must demand excellence and strive to achieve greatness. Candidates should have a high clock speed and imbue energy in those around them.
- Humility & Integrity. Candidates must have personal humility and must want the organization to succeed (not focusing solely on personal success). Candidates must care about people and clients and be strong team players. Candidates must possess the highest degree of integrity and must project the proper image of BrightFarms.
- Productive. Colleagues and clients should be quick to describe candidates as famous for getting things done.
If this opportunity sounds exciting to you and you have a burn to be part of a team that is both driven to succeed and passionate about our improving the way we live and the world we live in, please send your resume and a cover letter of interest to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing your story!