- Plant Science R&D Technician - Brooklyn (New York) USA
- Head Grower - Alberta, Canada
- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
Top 5 -yesterday
- On-site production of hydrogen peroxide provides solution against biofilm
- Growing tomatoes on perlite, why not?
- Canadian greenhouse operation steadies cash flow by shining the light
- Biden's immigration reform is "fundamentally different" to emancipate farmworkers
- US (TX): FarmVisionAI, former Illumitex, is now out of business
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Lead Manager / Grower Mexico
Company: Dramm Echter Farms
Region: Around Rosarito, near the sea
Would you like to run a flower nursery? Are you in for a challenge and are you a sturdy personality? Do you have experience in leading a nursery, in producing and growing roses, waxflower, lily, gerbera and Leucadendron?
We are looking for a candidate for Dramm Echter Farms in Mexico. Someone who is able to start up a new production location alongside the more experienced manager. The new location will be located 25 kilometers south of the American - Mexican border, near the sea. When the new location is running, it is up to you to take care of cultivation and to run a smooth and efficient production process. We are looking for a:
Lead Manager/Grower Mexico
Growing flowers in greenhouses (4,25 ha + opportunities for growth)
You take care of an optimal cultivation process in the older established greenhouses and later this year 2021 also in the new – Modernized Richel double poly plastic greenhouse. You grow the starting material, take care of the planting (hydroponic), harvest and crop according to plan. You work with several experienced permanent employees and also with local flexible workers at the nursery. It is also your job to maintain the technical installations: irrigation, fertilization, pumps, aerating technique etc. When crop and production are under control, you are ready for the next step: expanding the location and getting to develop the next location, because the company has plans to expand at the new locale one kilometer further to the north.
- Previous Experience managing a production team that take care of the crop and harvest;
- Experience with and knowledge of growing flowers in environmentally controlled greenhouses;
- You are a resident of Mexico or the USA or you have a track record of working as a grower abroad and are able to work in Mexico;
- You are fluent in English and Spanish (The language on the company is Spanish).
About the company
Bob Echter has been running his nurseries in California (Encinitas) and Flower wholesale company in California for over 40 years. Bob has sold these companies to make way for housing construction. He knows which activities are profitable and decided to continue production and sale of flowers. In order to maintain his activities, he has purchased a running nursery in Mexico in Rosarito, where Bob is building new more updated and modernized greenhouses. The current manager on this location is very experienced and will remain active for several years (with Bob as the company owner). Bob runs the company remotely, by phone and mail, and visits the nursery in-frequently or as needed.
The current grower, that was active in Encinitas for many years, will retire. So we are looking for some one with the experience, capabilities and the will to run the business activities independently in Rosarito. If you run the company well, your future in this company is limitless.
You will find beautiful beaches and a city full of history in the area. People live off tourism and industry. The location is incredibly attractive, the deep blue sea and the coast are the perfect location for water sport. Enjoy the sights when walking the Coronel hill and enjoy all the other touristic sights. Nice to know: this region is the location of many more nurseries, it is a real horticultural region.
- An independent job which can be shaped to your liking and knowledge;
- The challenge to continue the successful company activities on a new location and to make sure that everything on this new location runs smoothly and efficiently and meets the right standards;
- Lots of opportunities to develop yourself in this job and in the future it is possible to become managing director or to take over the business;
- Great salary, a nice place to live, company car, a budget for medical costs, pension and a bonus.
Are you interested? Call, e-mail or text us: email@example.com of 06-52601456.
Link to the job description: https://bit.ly/3axUD6X
Link to company information: https://bit.ly/37FbD9Q
Due to the coronavirus it is difficult to start this job in America. Our client is aware of this problem. Still he wants to post this vacancy. Candidates who are interested, can contact us for more information about the company and crop. We will arrange a video call with the employer. When the restrictions are lifted, you can visit the area and the company. And when you have come to an agreement, it’s possible to start quickly.