- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Senior Growing (Horticulture) Technician - Australia
- Lead Manager / Grower Mexico
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Grower Tomato Crops - Huron (Ohio) USA
Has a tomato crop for you no secrets anymore? Is it an exciting challenge for you to produce excellent quality tomatoes in USA. On behalf of Mucci Farms we like to get in contact with you confidentially to make this dream come true,
Grower Tomato Crops, USA
leadership, straight forward, coach, green fingers
Location: Huron, Ohio; located close to the beautiful Lake district.
Growing fresh produce for over 60 years, Mucci Farms is vertically integrated from seed to retail with a global partner network combining for more than 1700-acres of fruit and vegetable greenhouses in North America. Headquartered in Kingsville, Ontario, the award-winning company is dedicated to continual investments in automation and technology along with a high level of research and development to offer consumers the most flavourful varieties in the world.
For the greenhouse location Huron, Ohio USA we searching for a Tomato Grower.
You will work in a team and will be responsible on 10 hectare location (brand new greenhouses) for all aspects of growing tomatoes including climate control, crop registrations, irrigation (e.g. drain EC, pH, water and fertilizer analysis), pest & disease control / monitoring/ IPM strategies. You are keen on maintenance of operational equipment and You respond and resolve systems alarms. You are an active trainer, planner and lead for the labor supervisors and the general workers and will report to the location manager. You calculate and purchase in a timely manner all the supplies needed for the greenhouse operation such as Seeds, Plants, Slabs, Fertilizer, Pesticides, Bio-controls, and any other supply used in the Growing Process. You must be a hands on grower and team player. You search actively for information and advice that could lead to improve processes, increase yields and obtain better product quality year after year, keeping a cost effectiveness approach.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5-years of experience as a Grower in a high-tech glass greenhouse environment (e.g. vegetables, flowers or cannabis);
- Familiar with Priva computer software;
- Strong understanding of plant growth and interaction with varying environmental conditions and requirements;
- Must be familiar with horticultural nomenclature;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English; additional languages (i.e. Spanish, will be considered an asset);
- Must have Post-secondary education in the Horticulture Field;
- Willing to relocate to Ohio, USA.
Offer Mucci Farms
A challenging position within a growing company and space for development, both within your own field and beyond. An informal, personal working atmosphere. They offer an excellent salary, accommodation on the site or in the neighbourhood. Settling in a nice region in the Lake district
This is a exciting opportunity to join a really successful business. so if you are an experienced site manager / headgrower or you are ready to take the next step in your career. Then apply confidentially to or get in contact with Green Career Consult, via Mr. Johan Grootscholten, senior consultant, mobile: +31 (0)6 38976049.
Please sent your cover letter and cv by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To get an impression of the site in Huron: https://www.facebook.com/muccifarms/videos/mucci-farms-huron-ohio/2491289677855587/
For more information, please visit: https://www.muccifarms.com/