- Executive Officer - Brisbane, Australia
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
- Electricians / Irrigation Technicians International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Regional Sales Manager - LED Horticulture / Benelux and France
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Export Development Manager - Avocados Australia, Brisbane
- Chief Commercial Officer - Las Vegas (Nevada) USA
- Sales Executive
- Retail Sales Manager - Remote position, most likely located in the US
Top 5 -last week
- The effects of the Spirulina extract on hydroponics
- "More companies are looking for products dedicated to hydroponics"
- Hydroponics on a yacht
- "The raft is important, of course, but ultimately it’s all about water quality"
- "Chinese horticulture currently goes through a similar development as the internet did in 2002"
Top 5 -last month
Retail Sales Manager - Remote position, most likely located in the US
Retail Sales Manager Job Description
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports to: Director of Sales
Status: Full Time
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication, and innovative science.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits® (OSF) is a vertically integrated company specializing in the development, growing, processing and marketing of novel tree fruit varieties developed through bioengineering and other molecular tools. Based in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada, OSF was founded in 1996 and acquired by an affiliate of Third Security, LLC in 2020. OSF’s flagship product is its nonbrowning Arctic® apples. Arctic apples provide a sustainable solution to less food waste and improved apple consumption. For consumer information, visit www.arcticapples.com; for company information and partnership opportunities, visit www.okspecialtyfruits.com.
The primary goal of the Retail Sales Manager’s role is to increase Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. sales and sales accounts through cultivating current relationships while simultaneously developing positive relationships with key retailers, distributors, and potential broker partners within the industry. Focus for the Retail Sales Manager will be leading all aspects of the sales cycle from beginning to end which will include identifying opportunities for growth, calling on key customers, expanding distribution, managing relationships, collaborating on development of promotional plans, building partnerships, contributing to the forecast process and reporting back on performance.
The Retail Sales Manager will have a skillset in project management and have advanced interpersonal and time management abilities. Managing multiple priorities while meeting organizational objectives is a key aspect of this position.
- 4-yr college degree in business, ag-business, ag-sales or related field preferred.
- 8-10 years’ experience in produce sales with current business contacts in the industry, with demonstrated ability to close retail produce sales.
- Experience working in a collaborative atmosphere with various departments within the organization.
- Strong comprehensive knowledge of all channels within the industry.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel). CRM software experience highly preferred.
- Creative thinking with the ability to resolve problems and conflicts with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with customers and consumers about our brand.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Ability to travel by air, train, car as situation dictates.
- Develop and grow high-level relationships with key retailers, category managers and account teams to transform customers into true brand partners.
- Execute marketing, sales and merchandising strategies to generate growth and retail sales.
- Conduct annual customer reviews, including category review, product performance, SKU adjustments and seasonal sales planning.
- Identify and pursue both short- and long-term success with produce retailers.
- Partner with potential regional broker and distributor partners to target new growth opportunities and oversee assortment, merchandising and pricing strategies.
- Build direct relationships with buying teams for cross category growth.
- Sell additional sku’s, secure multiple facings, win new placements and find creative ways to grow sales volume in current accounts.
- Communicate a weekly and monthly volume and distribution plan to inform team of supply chain decisions.
- Assist in developing and managing trade spend budget, implementation, tracking and reporting.
- Assist in managing annual retail sales and budget forecasts, monitor actual performance vs. forecasts and make adjustments as needed.
- Actively participate in all Sales team meetings and reporting.
- Work closely with all internal team members and external customers to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Attend relevant sales functions activities, such as exhibits, trade shows, and other events as requested.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
To Apply: Careers@okspecialtyfruits.com