- Executive Officer - Brisbane, Australia
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
- Electricians / Irrigation Technicians International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Regional Sales Manager - LED Horticulture / Benelux and France
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Export Development Manager - Avocados Australia, Brisbane
- Chief Commercial Officer - Las Vegas (Nevada) USA
- Sales Executive
- Retail Sales Manager - Remote position, most likely located in the US
Top 5 -last week
- The effects of the Spirulina extract on hydroponics
- "More companies are looking for products dedicated to hydroponics"
- Hydroponics on a yacht
- "The raft is important, of course, but ultimately it’s all about water quality"
- "Chinese horticulture currently goes through a similar development as the internet did in 2002"
Top 5 -last month
Lead Glasshouse Engineer - Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
Lead Glasshouse Engineer
Who are we?
CambridgeHOK are a turn-key horticultural engineering company. The company was formed in 1955 and has been at the heart of UK Horticulture ever since.
We work with a variety of industry leading partners complementing their in-house team of engineers, covering a whole range of different skills (including, civils, mechanical, electrical, irrigation, structural)
Based in Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire, England a team of c. 70 people (including their own in-house manufacturing capability) has seen the business grow from strength to strength, culminating in a record breaking 2020.
As part of the businesses growth we are looking to further strengthen our engineering capability yet further as the business is seeing increasingly larger and more complex commercial projects often taking greenfield sites to commissioned glasshouse facilities to include client training and on-going support.
Are you ready for a new challenge?
This is a prime opportunity for a self-motivated and driven individual who is hungry for a challenge. The size and scale of glasshouse projects have been increasingly grown in complexity and efficiency. We provide a full solution for our customers that can include all aspects of the glasshouse build; Civils, Glasshouse (inc. full fit out- Lighting, Growing System, Gutter, Controls etc), Packhouses and Energy Centres (e.g. CHP). This role is to co-ordinate all aspects of the design and ensure cost and programme are optimised.
- To lead the design of all commercial glasshouse projects for the business and co-ordinate the relevant specialist functions
- Ensure that there is a co-ordinated and structured design approach across all functions of the project, meeting all customer needs and deadlines
- To optimise the customer requirements and cost, ensuring they are balanced creating unique optimised solutions to address the customers’ requirements
- Develop processes to capture detailed design and optimisation that can be used for future projects
- Attend site to ensure construction is proceeding in line with design
- Work closely with our Project Management team to troubleshoot design details and manage variations design development through the life of the project
- Work closely with our industry partners in ensuring their designs are closely integrated into the overall site design
- Develop the overall Programme of Works ith the CambridgeHOK delivery team
- Identify new technologies/partners to further develop our glasshouse design and services
- You will have extensive knowledge of glasshouses/growing systems with a strong engineering background in horticulture
- You have been exposed to working with customers at senior levels (board/owner level) and can show flexibility when working with them
- You are a self-starter, motivated by achieving results focusing on continuous improvement.
- You work in a structured manner, but can manage customer driven change at short-notice
- You will have a horticultural engineering background with at least 10 years of professional experience
- You will be able to travel across the UK to visit sites/customers as required - the role will be UK based
- Salary to attract the best
- Relocation package available depending on skills/experience
- 25 days holiday, plus pension and car allowance
- Company bonus scheme based on performance