- Lead Glasshouse Engineer - Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
- Laborant - Bleiswijk
- Farm Manager - India
- Maintenance Technician - Peats Ridge, Australia
- Candidates for Vice-President Operations - Ottawa (Ontario) Canada
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Mucci Farms announces 200 acre North American expansion
- New production system for producing pitaya's in a greenhouse
- Biggest Swiss fruit and vegetables cooperative invests in vertical farming
- Growing tomatoes for future techies
- Ecoation and Viscon collaborate to enhance Automation and AI in horticulture
Top 5 -last week
- From over 10,000 to a maximum of 6 settings: making growing easier
- How to make fresh, safe, sustainable and locally grown leafy greens the new normal
- AppHarvest breaks ground on second high-tech greenhouse
- “Our new X-AIR greenhouse is a sustainable, integrated, complete solution for optimising the climate”
- How this indoor vertical farm makes perfect Japanese strawberries
Top 5 -last month
- Using LED grow lights and less irrigation makes stronger plants
- "Deep Water Culture continues to give encouraging results"
- Lettuce in a hydroponic system: 100% organic nutrients
- Controlling relative humidity to prevent powdery mildew
- First semi-closed greenhouse completed in Shanghai in late October
Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
Eden Green Technology is hiring a Greenhouse Manager for our vertical farm and R&D greenhouse in Cleburne, TX. If you are a dedicated, collaborative and hardworking leader looking for a great opportunity, this is an awesome opportunity to get your foot in the door within the emerging vertical farming industry.
Open Monday-Friday | Closed Weekends
- Spring-Summer: 6am-2:30pm
- Fall-Winter: 7am-3:30pm
Daily break: 2 fifteen minute breaks and a lunch break 30 (45) minutes
What you'll do:
The Greenhouse Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Greenhouse staff.
- Work closely with the General Manager (GM) to ensure effectiveness of processes and progress toward goals.
- Maintains inventory of needed growing supplies such as fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
- Create, implement and improve standard operating procedures
- Build relationships with vendors to support ancillary processes and products
- Manage all greenhouse staff including facilities, production, harvest, and pest management team members
- Oversee visitor, vendor, and employee access within greenhouse
- Create good company morale among the greenhouse staff by investing in their growth and development through weekly meetings and 1:1s.
- Effectively communicate with all supervisors as well as managers and executives.
- Train, evaluate, and effectively manage/schedule personnel; complete required personnel documentation in a timely manner
- Responsible for employee safety management system and other aspects of regulatory compliance
- Track and record maintenance logs, food safety and janitorial tasks
- Follow all safety policies and procedures at all times etc.
- Maintain a culture of Food Safety onsite
- Manage labor, budget, and KPIs
- Identify opportunities to reduce spend and proactively communicate to GM
What you'll need:
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience managing a staff of 15-30
- Good verbal and written communication skills; basic computer skills (working knowledge of Excel, MS Office, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand and/or walk for up to 6-8 hours daily, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available on call over the weekends for emergencies
- Comfortable with heat or cold (greenhouse environment)
- Must have dependable transportation
*** Please note that the Dallas County / Texas Governor order requires that masks be worn in public. To protect the health and safety of our team members, Eden Green Technology is requiring everyone at our Cleburne Facility to wear a mask, so kindly remember to wear yours. If you do not have one upon arrival, you will be provided with a disposable mask. ***
Job Type: Full-time
Competitive Benefits: After 60 days, the employee will also qualify for full benefits, paid time off and holidays. Note: Salary is commensurate with experience
To keep employees as safe as possible we require masks, gloves and frequent hand washing. We provide hand sanitizer and PPE. For safety and security purposes, Eden Green Technology requires photo identification in order to enter our facilities, so please be prepared to present a valid government-issued photo ID during the interview process and at the time of your new-hire orientation.
To apply, submit your application here: