- Lead Glasshouse Engineer - Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
- Laborant - Bleiswijk
- Farm Manager - India
- Maintenance Technician - Peats Ridge, Australia
- Candidates for Vice-President Operations - Ottawa (Ontario) Canada
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Mucci Farms announces 200 acre North American expansion
- New production system for producing pitaya's in a greenhouse
- Biggest Swiss fruit and vegetables cooperative invests in vertical farming
- Growing tomatoes for future techies
- Ecoation and Viscon collaborate to enhance Automation and AI in horticulture
Top 5 -last week
- From over 10,000 to a maximum of 6 settings: making growing easier
- How to make fresh, safe, sustainable and locally grown leafy greens the new normal
- AppHarvest breaks ground on second high-tech greenhouse
- “Our new X-AIR greenhouse is a sustainable, integrated, complete solution for optimising the climate”
- How this indoor vertical farm makes perfect Japanese strawberries
Top 5 -last month
- Using LED grow lights and less irrigation makes stronger plants
- "Deep Water Culture continues to give encouraging results"
- Lettuce in a hydroponic system: 100% organic nutrients
- Controlling relative humidity to prevent powdery mildew
- First semi-closed greenhouse completed in Shanghai in late October
Growing Manager young vegetable plants
Growing Manager young vegetable plants (M/F/D)
For a Greenhouse Company in the beautiful south of Italy we are looking for an ambitious, highly motivated and experienced Growing Manager young vegetable plants. The company is operating nationally from its company office since 3 generations. The company is dedicated to the cultivation of young vegetable plants in seed trays, with a wide range from fennel, cauliflower to broccoli, peppers, tomatoes and melons.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the cultivation of young plants in polystyrene and plastic seed trays. Amongst the many responsibilities of this multifaceted position the candidate also will train a staff of growers’ assistants and Quality Managers. The successful candidate must be able to work independently, but also be someone who can bring the team of professional staff to a higher level. He or she will also manage and organize teams of technical and operational personnel. The successful candidate will report directly to the General Manager, therefore strong interpersonal skills are a necessity.
The candidate we are seeking for has a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Growing Manager in plastic and medium technology greenhouses, preferably in the south of Europe or North Africa. A deep understanding of plant growths, plant physiology and the interaction of plants with different environmental conditions is essential. He or she must be a hands on grower and team player. It’s very important that the candidate has experience with a climate computer and has excellent knowledge of Italian and English, both written and oral. An additional language (such as Spanish) would be considered as an advantage.
The successful candidate is an ambitious personality with outstanding interpersonal skills. As he or she will lead and train teams, very good communication skills are essential. He or she is able to work proactively and has a problem solving approach. Furthermore he or she is a highly motivated grower with a business acumen who is eager to accomplish the company’s objectives. A willingness for a long term collaboration in the south of Italy is vital.
What we offer
We offer a fixed-term integration period of one year followed by a permanent collaboration contract with full time working hours in the beautiful south of Italy.
Do you have a passion for growing and for managing a team of professionals? Are you interested in a long term collaboration in Southern Italy? Then respond immediately. If you should have any questions, contact me and your questions will be answered. Of course this will remain confidential.
Mob: +31 6 10782861