- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Turnkey Vegetable Greenhouse Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "Spend less time on your controls, but more quality time with your plants"
- Agroparks in the U.S. - a horn of plenty for investors?
- Can biopesticides help to protect crops against whiteflies?
- Autonomous peroxide generation system promises crop boost
- “We are developing a sustainable technology that uses 75% less LED lighting”
Top 5 -last month
- “If we really want to make a change, we should intensively invest in innovation and technique in Africa”
- "Algorithm predicted irrigation need much better than I can with 38 years experience"
- US (VA): $17 million hydroponic greenhouse operation being planned
- Increasing yield, while improving plant quality and driving down energy costs
- Get your copy of the Greenhouse Guide
Head Grower - Avoine, France
Le Jardin de Rabelais, Avoine, France.
Le Jardin de Rabelais is a family own company, growing high quality tomatoes for more than 30 years. We are members of “Demain la Terre”, a group of growers gathered around a common project of sustainable development.
We have currently 17 ha of glasshouse, including 8 ha semi closed greenhouse. We grow year round, and have 14 ha LED light.
Le Jardin de Rabelais is looking for a Head Grower to supervise and coach assistant growers in good horticultural practices and techniques for hydroponic tomatoes greenhouse(s) operation.
- Supervise the assistant growers in areas of climate, irrigation, growing techniques,
- Monitor crops daily.
- Manages team on monitoring and reporting on plant growth, plant balance and plant health factors including fertilizer, irrigation, CO2 dosage, climatic conditions and light conditions.
- In collaboration with the general managers and the crop consultant: develops and implements growing strategies to optimize plant balance, quality, production and climate conditions.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and supervise all pest and disease scouting, evaluation, and pesticide applications. Ensure that IPM procedures are being maintained
- Cooperates with operations in monitoring quality standards for crop work.
- Monitor and control production and product quality, computerized greenhouse environments, irrigation schedule and CO2 settings, peroxide dosing, nutrient and environmental systems to maintain specified level and conditions.
- Provide water and tissue samples to labs as needed.
- Experience managing a team of 10 peoples and experience with Priva or similar climate computer systems required.
- Duties will be planned during the Week Ends.
The head grower should be :
- Passionate about growing tomatoes.
- Driven with a self-disciplined approach to achieving results.
- Someone who can exercise the necessary authority to assure policies and procedures are followed.
- Experienced in leading, managing and delegating to a team.
- Someone who has a sense of urgency while maintaining high quality standards.
- Comfortable with managing multiple priorities.
The Head Grower reports directly to the General Managers. This position oversees 6 Section Growers, 4 IPM assistants, 3 Pesticide Applicators. It Requires 5 years of experience as a head grower.
Will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org