- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Turnkey Vegetable Greenhouse Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "Spend less time on your controls, but more quality time with your plants"
- Agroparks in the U.S. - a horn of plenty for investors?
- Can biopesticides help to protect crops against whiteflies?
- Autonomous peroxide generation system promises crop boost
- “We are developing a sustainable technology that uses 75% less LED lighting”
Top 5 -last month
- “If we really want to make a change, we should intensively invest in innovation and technique in Africa”
- "Algorithm predicted irrigation need much better than I can with 38 years experience"
- US (VA): $17 million hydroponic greenhouse operation being planned
- Increasing yield, while improving plant quality and driving down energy costs
- Get your copy of the Greenhouse Guide
Floral Designer - Floral Direct. Carle Place, NY (Long Island, USA)
Floral Designer - Floral Direct
Location: Carle Place, NY (Long Island, USA)
Experienced floral designer who is passionate about flowers/ floral design and taking charge of managing a growing direct floral business into the next generation of innovative floral design.
- Knowledge of cut floral varieties, vase life, seasonality and floral costs.
- 8+ years’ experience as a floral designer.
- Experience and talent to develop new and innovative fresh floral designs in bouquet form while working within the Direct Floral guidelines and maintaining margin
- Knowledge and creative styling experience in fresh cut floral product on set.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player and be a successful cross-functionally partner
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Available to travel
- Organized, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, strong mathematical skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Be mindful of the timeline requirements to ensure that you meet all deliverables on time
- Work closely with the Senior Manager and Category Administrative Manager to assist in the development and maintenance of the database line list, gross margin calculations, etc.
- Attend trade fairs, evaluate the competition and determine product trends to include color, style, varieties and add-ons that are appropriate to the brand and the product category.
- Insure that the products are properly box fit and tested for finalization according to established requirements and timelines.
- Maintain a working knowledge of hard-good inventories for reorders, sell-through and obsolescence.
- Responsible for weekly procurement meetings; taking the lead on phone calls and maintaining weekly agenda and recap
- Prepare product line for all presentations to management and the merchandising team.
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager and Merchandising team to identify the product needs for a balanced and refreshed quarterly product assortment.
- Work with Procurement to identify and source the raw materials (single variety and mixed bouquets) from the farms for development.
- Work with Procurement QA on a QA testing calendar for new varietal development for future market introductions. Work in season to obtain samples and insure adequate testing and photography while varieties are in season.
- Apply your experience as a floral designer to identify vases that represent the best choices as up-sells for individual bouquets based on current vase inventory. Provide recommendations for potential vase design options for future development.
- Provide direction to the Sourcing Team on viable vessels for development to include shape, dimensions, material and color.
- Work side by side with Senior Manager to ensure that product options meet QA and gross margin requirements prior to product commercialization and in preparation for finalization.
- Develop new and innovative ideas through competitive research, internet research, trade publications, consumer research, sales metrics, and design experience to enhance quarterly product assortments.
- Responsible for placing floral order from local wholesalers and processing. Lifting floral water buckets and clean up is also required.
Photography and Copy:
- Collaborate with the team Manager / Senior Manager on the development of the creative turnover documents for photography and copy for each LDL.
- Be prepared to speak on new designs for pre pro meetings to the photography and copy teams
- Check all floral components and hard goods are accurate and available prior to the photo shoot.
- Provide the floral stylist with direction on floral styling prior to the shoot.
- Oversee all post production photography and copy blocks for each LDL to ensure quality and accuracy
- Track competitive sites for pricing, offerings, and product differentiation
- Respond to floral substitutes to QA team when there are availability issues
- Travel to Miami and CA, trade shows working closely with floral farms
To Apply, send a copy of your cover letter and resume to Dannerys Fuccillo - HR Generalist at DFuccillo@1800Flowers.com