Boasting high refrigeration capacities, demonstrated fuel savings of 20 to 25 percent, and reduced emissions for greater sustainability and regulatory compliance, Carrier Transicold’s new X4™ 7700 trailer refrigeration unit is now available through the company’s North American dealer network. Carrier Transicold is a part of Carrier Global Corporation, a global provider of healthy, safe, sustainable, and intelligent building and cold chain solutions.
“In full production at our manufacturing facility in Athens, Georgia, the new X4 7700 single-temperature unit builds on the X4 platform’s decade-long reputation for high capacity and rugged, dependable service,” said Bill Maddox, senior manager of product management, Truck Trailer Americas, Carrier Transicold. “The X4 7700 unit offers a 96 percent reduction in particulate emissions and double-digit gains in fuel efficiency compared to standard X4 models.”
Carrier Transicold’s new X4 7700 trailer refrigeration unit is now available through the company’s North American dealer network.
The unit employs an advanced version of the smart engine used throughout the existing trailer platforms. Benefits include:
- Enhanced compliance: Under regulations, the X4 7700 provides lifetime compliance with the California Air Resources Board’s (CARB) stricter rules for trailer refrigeration systems.
- Better fuel economy: The advanced engine features common-rail fuel injection for optimized fuel delivery that reduces fuel consumption by 5 to 10 percent. The new third speed, called “eco speed,” automatically decreases engine RPMs during intervals where conditions permit, significantly improving operating efficiency compared to normal low-speed operation for even more fuel savings. Combined, these performance enhancements demonstrated 20 to 25 percent average fuel savings, relative to standard X4 units, for premium performance X4 7700 units tested by over-the-road fleets under a variety of operating conditions during the summer of 2022.
- Greater sustainability: The unit uses R-452A refrigerant with a global warming potential 45 percent lower than that of the traditional transport refrigeration unit refrigerant, R-404A. The efficient common rail fuel system and a diesel oxidation catalyst push particulate, hydrocarbon, and NOx emissions to new lows, and the unit is the most environmentally responsible choice in the X4 Series for fleets seeking sustainable options.
- Lighter weight: At 1,690 pounds, the X4 7700 weighs about 10 percent less than its competition.
- Highest capacity: The X4 7700 achieves 68,000 BTU/h at a set point of 35 degrees Fahrenheit under certification conditions of the Air-Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Institute.
All X4 7700 units are equipped with Carrier Transicold’s Lynx™ Fleet telematics solution for remote monitoring of temperatures, location, movement, and system operating performance. The company also offers its TRU-Mount solar panel as a factory-installed option.
Carrier Transicold’s CARB-compliant TRUs help fleets significantly reduce their environmental impact, supporting Carrier’s 2030 Environmental, Social, and Governance Goal of reducing its customers’ carbon footprint by one gigaton.
For more information:
Tel.: +1 (706) 357-7242