Why should we grow plants indoors with artificial lights instead of using sunlight for free? Dafni Despoina Avgoustaki (Agricultural University of Athens / Aarhus University) discusses the many benefits of growing crops in a controlled environment.
Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
The science and business of indoor vertical farming – with Dafni Despoina Avgoustaki
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- 2022-08-11 "European retailers want alternatives to possible decline of lit Dutch tomato acreage this winter"
- 2022-08-11 Movement of Mexican asparagus through Arizona, California and Texas expected to remain about the same
- 2022-08-11 Total ad numbers this week saw 2% increase from last week
- 2022-08-11 "Vegetable supplies are severely disrupted this season as growers face a crisis under a mountain of challenges"
- 2022-08-11 UK farmers count cost as heatwave kills fruit and vegetable crops
- 2022-08-11 "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
- 2022-08-11 The benefits of agtech in urban buildings
- 2022-08-11 Nigeria: Lagosians see pepper prices go up by 100% in two weeks
- 2022-08-11 Unprecedented challenges ahead for the Fresh Herbs Industry
- 2022-08-11 Orange and Dragon Agriculture: Avocados should be considered a healthy food rather than a daily fruit
- 2022-08-10 Southeastern European countries importing more and more fresh fruits and vegetables
- 2022-08-10 NZ: Microgreens business bounces back after Covid
- 2022-08-10 Snacking vegetable market continuing to grow despite global challenges
- 2022-08-09 Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
- 2022-08-09 Canada again puts import requirements on US romaine lettuce
- 2022-08-09 South Korea: Oversupply of smart farming vegetables calls for more supply platforms
- 2022-08-09 Unusual heat doubled tomato prices in Tajikistan
- 2022-08-08 Hungary: What are the challenges and opportunities today for horti growers?
- 2022-08-08 US: Updates and annual facility certification for the offshore greenhouse certification program