A conversation about growing sustainable, organic farming in the middle of the desert, about BioFarm, the advancements in Agribusiness in the UAE (agri tourism opportunities), greenhouses & shade houses, the Future of Agriculture, and all the challenges and opportunities out there, and how the future of family farming looks like. Yazen Al Kodmani is a seasoned organic farm manager who has developed and overseen a proven hybridization of large-scale organic farming, agritourism, and retail in the UAE. With over a decade of experience, he has transformed over 25 hectares of arid land into a profitable wholesale and direct-to-consumer farm and tourist destination. He has also established 3Y Agtech, an agritech consulting firm to address the regional food security challenges, which brings together the expertise of experienced consultants, developers, and farmers.
Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- 2022-08-11 "European retailers want alternatives to possible decline of lit Dutch tomato acreage this winter"
- 2022-08-11 Movement of Mexican asparagus through Arizona, California and Texas expected to remain about the same
- 2022-08-11 Total ad numbers this week saw 2% increase from last week
- 2022-08-11 "Vegetable supplies are severely disrupted this season as growers face a crisis under a mountain of challenges"
- 2022-08-11 UK farmers count cost as heatwave kills fruit and vegetable crops
- 2022-08-11 "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
- 2022-08-11 The benefits of agtech in urban buildings
- 2022-08-11 Nigeria: Lagosians see pepper prices go up by 100% in two weeks
- 2022-08-11 Unprecedented challenges ahead for the Fresh Herbs Industry
- 2022-08-11 Orange and Dragon Agriculture: Avocados should be considered a healthy food rather than a daily fruit
- 2022-08-10 Southeastern European countries importing more and more fresh fruits and vegetables
- 2022-08-10 NZ: Microgreens business bounces back after Covid
- 2022-08-10 Snacking vegetable market continuing to grow despite global challenges
- 2022-08-09 Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
- 2022-08-09 Canada again puts import requirements on US romaine lettuce
- 2022-08-09 South Korea: Oversupply of smart farming vegetables calls for more supply platforms
- 2022-08-09 Unusual heat doubled tomato prices in Tajikistan
- 2022-08-08 Hungary: What are the challenges and opportunities today for horti growers?
- 2022-08-08 US: Updates and annual facility certification for the offshore greenhouse certification program