The 2022 Canadian Produce Marketing Association’s Convention and Trade Show (CPMA 2022) taking place April 5-7, 2022 at the Palais des congrès in Montreal is only a week away. The following is a snapshot – by the numbers – of the 96th edition.
- 535: The number of exhibit spaces (10 x 10 feet) on the CPMA Trade Show floor this year.
- More than 270: The number of unique exhibiting companies.
- 131: The number of international exhibitors.
- 144: The number of Canadian exhibitors, including 44 exhibitors from Quebec.
- 77: The number of first-time exhibitors participating in the CPMA Convention and Trade Show. All first-time exhibiting companies who are new CPMA members will have a floor decal in front of their booth so attendees can welcome them to the Trade Show and to the Association.
- 69: The number of companies participating in the New Product Showcase.
- 2267: Twitter followers and 3030 LinkedIn followers. Follow, tag @CPMA_ACDFL and use the hashtag #CPMA2022 for anything relating to the CPMA 2022.
During the show, several industry members and businesses will be honored for their contributions including Alain Routhier of Courchesne Larose Ltd., who will receive the 2022 CPMA Lifetime Achievement Award. Alain has been working in the fresh produce industry since a young age. After completing his university studies, Alain joined the family business and has since ascended the ladder to become the president of the company. Under his leadership, Courchesne Larose Ltd. has expanded to become a major player in the Canadian fresh fruit and vegetable market. Alain has also held various roles within the industry including QPMA Chair in 1998 and CPMA Chair in 2011.
The exhibit space is sold out, but there is still time to register to attend the event, reengage with the industry and hear from Alain and other awards recipients at the Awards Brunch. Full delegates gain admission to all that CPMA 2022 has to offer including educational sessions, social events and meal functions such as the Chair’s Welcome Reception, After Party, Awards Brunch and the Delegate and Companion Breakfast, during which they will hear from our keynote speaker Dr. Nick Bontis.