The consumption of organic food is on the rise in Europe, and in the Spanish province of Almeria, operators such as Siiimply Veggy are making it possible to supply organic fruits and vegetables all year round to meet this demand, which is on an upward trend in the continent, and is expected to continue to increase, pushed by the European Commission's backing of a more sustainable food system in the EU.
"At Siiimply Veggy, we are specialists in service, marketing, and the logistics of fruits and vegetables intended for all European markets, and we are working to achieve the highest quality with our entire product range."
"We cultivate our own lands in Almeria, and we work hand in hand with our producers to offer our customers a wide range of both organic and conventional products and guarantee a year-round supply of high quality fresh fruit and vegetables. For us, keeping a close and reliable cooperation is very important," says the El Ejido-based company.
Marlyne and Matthias, of Siiimply Veggy, with Antonio and Elisabet.
"Thus, at Siiimply Veggy we guarantee the supply of different varieties of tomatoes (cherry, plum, on the vine, etc.), cucumbers (midi, mini), peppers (bell peppers, Sweet Bite, Palermo, hot), etc. almost all year round, and our partnerships with growers extend our supply to products such as citrus fruits, melons, watermelons, tropical fruits, stone fruits, cabbages or lettuce. We are a company in continuous expansion and we are always looking for new product lines and new partnerships."
"We work mainly with the German market, which accounts for 80% of our sales. Siiimply Veggy keeps a very close relationship with the German market thanks to its commitment to organic fruit and vegetable production. The remaining 20% is divided between the French market and the Scandinavian countries."
Germany's demand for organic watermelon increased by 6% in 2021
In recent months, Almeria's greenhouses have been working on the changeover to spring crops. This season, the sector expects a drop in the melon and watermelon productions.
"In general, all winter productions, both organic and conventional, are seeing their seasons extended. The production of organic melons and watermelons is more stable than the conventional, but the reality is that we are seeing an increase in organic consumption that may lead to product shortages at specific times."
"In 2021, Germany alone demanded 6% more organically-produced watermelons. In general, Europe continues to increase the purchase of watermelons from Almeria, and the organic production follows an upward trend which surpasses that of the conventional."
"Almeria has done a great job in the development of its organic production, and from our point of view, no overseas productions can compete with its organic vegetables and fruits, unlike what we've seen with the conventional production. We think that the future of Almeria lies in continuing to work on the development of its organic production, because we have all the tools to achieve it, including the best climate in Europe."
"A sustainable production ensures a good future for all of us".
Siiimply Veggy was created in 2019 with a firm commitment to sustainability. "We are fully committed to protecting the ecosystems and biodiversity, caring for soil fertility and the water cycle. In this regard, we collaborate with technology companies that are allowing us to meet our goal of making a responsible use of the natural resources," says the company.
"Thanks to the precision of their sensors and the data generated, these tools help us make the best decisions to optimize the agronomic management of our crops."
"The 2030 Agenda provides a blueprint for shared prosperity in a sustainable world. At Siiimply Veggy, we know that it is time to act, and so we developed specific measures to strive for a healthy planet. Our respect for our planet and the environment and our commitment to society led us to increasingly focus on the production of organic vegetables."
In fact, both Siiimply Veggy and the Andalusian producers with whom it collaborates comply with specific standards regarding the sustainability of their productions, with special emphasis on the responsible use of natural resources, the protection of biodiversity, the preservation of regional ecological balances and the improvement of soil fertility.
"We work responsibly with our producers, customers, technical teams and the environment. Sustainable production ensures a good future for everyone. At Siiimply Veggy we believe in a future with a healthier world through increased consumption of organically produced fruits and vegetables."
"We also offer our customers the opportunity to package their products with 100% organic, 100% biodegradable and 100% compostable solutions that produce 0% waste, 0% technical problems and 0% plastic waste."
For more information:
04700 El Ejido, Almería, Spain
Tel.: +34 640 040462