Employee-owned grower shipper Tanimura & Antleyesterday announced strategic changes, additions and promotions within its sales team to position itself for strategic growth.
The company has hired new sales team members, reorganized existing sales staff and promoted vital sales team members.
Tom Ryan and Rick Dacey have joined the company’s new dedicated regional sales team as regional sales managers, reporting to Karen Pflaum, senior director of regional sales. Ryan served as a regional sales manager for Tanimura & Antle previously from 2005 to 2014. For the past few years, Ryan has represented a number of produce companies independently, such as the Organic Grower Summit, Grower Network and Del Fresco Produce. Dacey served as director of Eastern region sales for Earthbound Farms for nearly 13 years and has since worked for State Garden/Olivia’s Organics, Pero Family Farms and JBS as a regional sales representative.
The sales team of Tanimura & Antle
“As we continue to build upon our customer relationships, we look forward to having additional boots on the ground to ensure our customers have everything they need to sell and market our produce,” said Pflaum. “Our team of regional sales people accentuates our already turnkey sales department.”
The sales department is now organized into regionally focused teams, a national team and a foodservice team. The company also has new hires and promotions within its sales team.
The following sales team members have recently joined the company:
- Roberto Ornelas as product manager, previously from Ippolito International.
- Mykayla Latronica as senior sales analyst, recently graduated from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo with a MS in Food Science
- Valerie Serna as transportation planner, previously from Ippolito International.
- Thomas Wheelus as foodservice sales manager, previously from Taylor Farms.
- Jordan Vosti as VMI sales manager, previously from Sysco.
The following employees have been promoted from within:
- Dina Mendiola promoted to account manager.
- Elizabeth Annis promoted to export account manager.
- Diana Garcia promoted to foodservice account manager.
- Dominique Ziers promoted to account manager.
- Aaron Flowers promoted to sales coordinator.
- Jack Duffy promoted to sales coordinator.
Left to right: Brian Antle, Karen Pflaum
“Moving back into the Tanimura & Antle office and leading the sales team is a great opportunity and challenge I've been enjoying,” said Brian Antle, executive vice-president of sales. “It's not every day you get the opportunity to work with a talented, knowledgeable group like this and have the freedom to build out the team. The reorganization and promotions within our existing team along with our new hires gives us the ability to better support existing customers and introduce new customers to our families of premium fresh produce.”
Come meet the newest members of the Tanimura & Antle sales team this week at the PMA Foodservice in Monterey, CA at booth #318.