Manufacturers of structures, technological equipment, and materials for greenhouses, equipment for grading, processing, and packaging vegetable produce, seeds, fertilizers, and plant protection agents will showcase their products in a separate pavilion at the exhibition.
Uzexpocentre’s Pavilion 3 to showcase the full range of services for fruit and vegetable growing industries.
AgroWorld Uzbekistan is the only exhibition in Uzbekistan that represents the entire supply chain, with 7 sectors involved:
- Greenhouse complex construction;
- Equipment for watering, heat supply, and micro-climate;
- Technologies for growing mushrooms and vegetable, flower, and green crops;
- Promising varieties and hybrids of vegetable food crops; planting material;
- Soils and growing media, fertilizers, plant protection agents;
- Grading, packaging, and processing technologies.
- The B2B meetings, specialized conferences, dynamic areas, and many other events offer visitors not only business opportunities but also an occasion for learning and discussion.
AgroWorld Uzbekistan is the main business platform for establishing contacts and studying the development trends of greenhouse horticulture in Uzbekistan.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is to channel $195,000 to help restore and develop the potato sector in Uzbekistan, said Sherzod Umarov, Deputy Representative of the FAO in Uzbekistan.
"The main goal of the project is to increase the production potential of the potato industry. This will be achieved by improving the system of registration of potato varieties and seed certification, improving research in the field of modernization of potato production, developing the production of high-quality potatoes, and improving storage conditions," he said.
According to Uzbekistan`s State Statistics Committee, potato prices soared 42% in the country last year. President Shavkat Mirziyoyev in May 2020 inked a decree, providing for the creation of potato-growing clusters and cooperatives throughout the country.
For more information:
Food and Agriculture Organisation UN