Whereas in many countries physical events are still being cancelled due to the COVID-19 situation, there are several where shows are able to continue. In China, for example, the 23rd edition of the Hortiflorexpo IPM Shanghai will take place from April 15-17, 2021 and the organization is satisfied with the large number of exhibitors: 700 from 18 countries and regions.
In 2019, FloralDaily.com also visited the show to make a photo report of the event. Click here for the photo report.
The Hortiflorexpo IPM is being held every year in Beijing and Shanghai alternately. So, last year's edition of the Shanghai show was held in 2019 and the Beijing edition in 2020 was cancelled due to the COVID-19 situation. Especially under the challenging circumstances for international trade shows, the organisation team of the show is very satisfied with the number of exhibitors and the international character. Last year, there were 900 exhibitors from 30 counries and this year 700 from 18 countries (China, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Latvia, Estonia, Japan, Belgium, Israel, France, USA, Finland, Greece, South Korea, Italy, Hongkong, and Taiwan)
There will be two country pavilions from Germany and the Netherlands which are organized through representatives on-site. Most oft he companies will also be represented by their Chinese partners or branch offices due to travel restrictions. In total 40,000 sqm will be used divided over four halls this year (in 2019, it was nearly 50,000 sqm).
The organization explains that all visitors have to undergo a safety check which requires temperature measurement and hand sanitation. In addition, everyone on the fairground is required to wear a mask and have the corona safety app.
More than exhibitions
And there will be more than exhibitors, like keynote speakers on several topics, including:
- Garden center theme forum will deal with new trends in garden center design as well as plant marketing and urban building greening.
- The Chinese-Dutch Horticultural Forum focuses on developments in horticulture in the two countries.
- The Greenhouse Horticultural New Technology Achievement Development Forum covers new greenhouse technologies.
- The Flower Shop Salon will feature new trends and industry technologies. The latest and most advanced business concepts will be introduced to industry professionals. They will also have the opportunity to share current trends and expand their network.
- Free pre-registration for the trade audience is open via the website or the official WeChat account (hfexpo).
Cooperation with IPM Essen
Hortiflorexpo is organized by China Flower Association, managed by Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co Ltd, in cooperation with IPM Essen. The show is held at the Shanghai New International Expo Center.
For more information:
Hortiforexpo IPM Shanghai