- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
- Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
- Sales Representative - New South Wales (Australia)
- Business Development Coordinator - New Zealand
- Cultivation expert in team Asia
- Greenhouse Production Manager - Heho (Shan State) Myanmar
- Account Manager Benelux
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dozens of LED suppliers turn off their lights: GreenTech 2019 comes to an end
- Speeding up the instalment of new screens
- "We want to create sensors together to better detect pests and diseases"
- "New square 35 liter pot for soft fruit cultivation means repotting is a thing of the past"
- "Good results with new substrate of alternative wood fiber raw material"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
NASA astronauts set to harvest first space vegetable
The space agency recently commissioned International Space Station’s astronaut Steve Swanson to manage an extraordinary romaine lettuce garden. This lettuce was transported to the ISS in April, and five individually planted lettuce plants have grown.
Swanson is set to harvest the first three fresh samples next week.
According to NASA, these space-grown lettuce samples will be shipped back to Earth frozen for examination. If the laboratory analysis verifies that the veggie is perfectly nontoxic, astronauts will be allowed to eat on future NASA’s Veggie system produce.
Click here to read the complete article at techsonia.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-13 Mycorrhizal root exudates induce changes in growth and fumonisin gene expression of fusarium proliferatum
- 2019-06-12 Plant Empowerment: Sustainable Growing Foundation spreads GPE knowledge
- 2019-06-10 Daily Light Integral: Are your plants receiving the right amount of light?
- 2019-06-07 Interactive effects of grafting techniques and scion-rootstocks combinations on cucumber
- 2019-06-07 Aix en Provence: 1,100m² of organic greenhouses to supply a school canteen
- 2019-06-06 Iron biofortification of red and green pigmented lettuce in closed soilless cultivation
- 2019-06-05 Jammu, India: Seedless cucumber commercial production launch
- 2019-06-05 Finnish tomatoes environmental footprint halved in 15 years
- 2019-06-04 Experimental cultivation of local tomatoes to boost their value
- 2019-06-03 NIFA awards grant for microbial stress tolerance research
- 2019-06-03 Science gives Tassie’s essential oils a boost
- 2019-06-03 Monitoring nutrient status in vegetable crops
- 2019-06-03 Video: Aquaponics is coming to France
- 2019-05-30 "Exogenous application of amino acids improves growth and yield of lettuce"
- 2019-05-30 New 'Micro Farm' Model Tested At OSU Mansfield Urban Agriculture Project
- 2019-05-29 Genetic and metabolic effects of ripening mutations and vine detachment on tomato
- 2019-05-29 Condensation, the forgotten problem
- 2019-05-29 Five WUR researchers receive Vidi grants
- 2019-05-28 Fully-revised edition of CABI’s Tomatoes resource guide
- 2019-05-28 Protected strawberry cultivation has grown considerably in Switzerland