In the middle of the Viennese Simmering district, we can find specialized enterprise for horticulture "Agrotech Gartenbautechnik". The company is specialized in the vegetable production of tomato, cucumber and paprika under glass, but also supplies all necessary means of production for vegetable growing in soil. From technical aids and various fertilizers to biological plant protection -with an emphasis on the use of beneficial organisms: you will find everything you need for successful horticulture on site.
The team around managing director Roman Kölbl boasts many years of experience and is always endeavouring to offer customers the best possible service. Since 2009, Roman Kölbl is the owner of the company. With the size of the company, the range of products and services has been constantly expanded. Its customers are mainly from Vienna, Lower Austria and Burgenland, but also from Styria and the West of Austria. With the move to the new hall in 2016, the company gained the space necessary for the expansion.
Roman Kölbl (middle) and team / Picture: Agrotech
Expansion of the product range
The product range for agriculture and arable farming is currently being expanded:
- Disinfection: With the Swingtec thermal fogger, the so-called Swingfog, inhibitors for potato storage -for example- but also disinfectants for the cleaning of halls and stables can be applied comfortably and safely.
- Plant containers: For the cultivation of berries, for example, plastic containers in various shapes and sizes are available from Bato.
- Plant strengthening agents: S&T (Seed & Technology) develops high-quality plant extracts that can be used directly for soil improvement and seed treatment. Foliar treatments can also be used to improve the resistance of plants grown on substrate.
- Mulching films: Currently, biomulching films are also available in addition to conventional films.
- Substrate: Mats and briquettes made of coconut fibres in different sizes are available on order.
Sale of beneficial insects
Through the sale of beneficial insects and bumble bees from the Belgian company Biobest, Agrotech Gartenbautechnik is also contributing to sustainable regenerative agriculture. The use of beneficial insects in protected cultivation is an important part of the plant protection programme in both the organic and conventional sectors. Bumblebees are not only used in the production of fruit vegetables, but also, for example, in strawberries and fruit growing. For outdoor use, there are special bumblebee boxes, the Multihives: three bumblebee boxes, protected from the weather in a polystyrene box. Bumblebee pollination and the use of beneficial insects have become standard in horticultural production.