Aquaponics is highly efficient in the use of water, only requires the replacement of water lost by evaporation and transpiration. This system by fusing the hydroponics and aquaculture in a recirculation system, is a model that raises the production in a sustainable manner of food of high nutritional value; source of protein (fish) like vitamins and minerals (vegetables), following the principles of the efficient use of water, as well as taking advantage of the metabolites derived from the fish to the nutrition of the plant (Aguilera et al., 2012). The objective of a new study was to evaluate the effect, on the growth and nutrition of tomato, of foliar application of macronutrients (N, Ca, K and S) and adding in the nutrient solution of aquaponic treatments compared with a hydroponic system.
- Executive Officer - Brisbane, Australia
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
- Electricians / Irrigation Technicians International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Regional Sales Manager - LED Horticulture / Benelux and France
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Export Development Manager - Avocados Australia, Brisbane
- Chief Commercial Officer - Las Vegas (Nevada) USA
- Sales Executive
- Retail Sales Manager - Remote position, most likely located in the US
Top 5 -yesterday
- Growers learn to use 'x-factor' far-red in cucumber cultivation
- Swedish, organic producer Orto Novo starts using LEDs in its greenhouses
- Japan: Producing electricity while producing wine thanks to a greenhouse
- Simply Fresh receives ‘Telangana Best Brand Award’ from CMO Asia
- Cutting edge agricultural robots offer a low-cost lifeline to UK farmers
Top 5 -last week
- The effects of the Spirulina extract on hydroponics
- "More companies are looking for products dedicated to hydroponics"
- Hydroponics on a yacht
- "The raft is important, of course, but ultimately it’s all about water quality"
- "Chinese horticulture currently goes through a similar development as the internet did in 2002"
Top 5 -last month
Response of tilapia and tomato to the complementation of nutrients in an aquaponic system
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-11-27 Growers learn to use 'x-factor' far-red in cucumber cultivation
- 2020-11-26 Philippines: Leyte government will launch a hydroponic farming project
- 2020-11-26 NMSU Science centers provide agricultural industry with research based solutions
- 2020-11-26 Hydroponic system in food-insecure neighborhood expanded
- 2020-11-25 How water quality affects pesticide efficacy, the bottom line
- 2020-11-24 Netherlands: More Honeytomatoes® for Looye
- 2020-11-24 "From IPM plans, to harnessing social media"
- 2020-11-23 Strawberry acreage stabilization, reduction of winter raspberries and more blueberries expected
- 2020-11-23 Video: How water pH affects effectiveness of pesticides
- 2020-11-23 Plant research seals importance of microbes for survival and growth
- 2020-11-20 Cloning without using any medium
- 2020-11-20 The need for clipping speed
- 2020-11-20 "We have been cultivating saffron in Belgium for 11 years"
- 2020-11-19 Home-grown lettuce for the holidays
- 2020-11-19 Hydroponics on a yacht
- 2020-11-18 UD researchers identify gene that regulates how plants respond to stress
- 2020-11-18 Hort Americas releases Guide for Growing Leafy Greens
- 2020-11-18 Supporting cucumber growing in the UK
- 2020-11-17 Building trust in CEA food safety
- 2020-11-17 'Seed cocoons increase seedling survival rates to 90%'