Within the framework of Fruit Attraction, Revista Mercados is organizing a round table which will bring together scientists, technicians, producers, large retailers and representatives of the administration. It will analyze the emergence of resistances to the Tuta absoluta in the main greenhouse tomato producing areas of Almería and Murcia, trying also to agree on solutions to ensure the future sustainability of these crops.
The round table "Large distribution and plant health, bound to understand one another for the sustainability of the crops" will take place at the Fruit Forum, in Hall 6, on Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
It will be moderated by the agro-food journalist Vicente de Santiago, director of VdS Comunicación, and will count with the participation of:
• Antonio Marhuenda, agronomist, consultant specialized in horticultural productions.
• Antonio Monserrat Delgado, Doctor in Biology and head of the Crop Protection team of the IMIDA of Murcia.
• Pedro J. Espinosa, agronomist and PhD in Food Chain at FMC Agricultural Solution.
• Pilar Giménez, head for Corporate Affairs of Syngenta Spain and Portugal.
• Felipe Medina Martín, technical general secretary of the Agro-food Chain at ASEDAS.
• Pablo Bielza Lino, Professor of Plant Health at the Polytechnic University of Cartagena and external advisor to the Committee for the Prevention of Insecticide Resistance (IRAC).
• Rafael Sánchez Trujillo, agronomist and head of the Plant Health Service of the Government of Andalusia.