In this podcast, Al Kurki, agriculture specialist at NCAT’s Rocky Mountain West Regional Office in Butte, Montana, has a conversation with Rachel Jones, Executive Director of Farm to School of Park County. With a USDA Farm to School grant, Rachel turned one of the school’s greenhouses into an aquaponics laboratory. Middle- and high-school students of Park County now raise trout and vegetables for food for their schools. In this episode, you’ll hear about the challenges and triumphs using an aquaponics system in a school setting.
- Head of Farming | Ukraine
- Avocados Sales/Marketing Professional - Europe
- Commercial Manager/Trader for Flowers - Holland
- Head Grower - Berries, New Zealand
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Horticulture Production Manager
- Farm Manager (Cherries) - BC, Canada
- Process / Application Engineer - Water Treatment
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "Organic growers want to add microorganisms or bio-fertilizers without changing the EC"
- What do papayas, vanilla and black pepper have in common?
- Rising Farms: New lease of life for Mexico’s agriculture
- “There is much potential for optimizing blueberry and grape crops with nanobubble technology”
- "Breeding for the entire world from the new centre Tomato Vision"
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-06-05 Regenerative approach to farming
- 2020-06-04 What can agro-industrial compost do for lettuce?
- 2020-06-03 LED growlights in NAC Breda stadium
- 2020-06-03 Step forward in growing strawberries thanks to the Saturn Bioponics system
- 2020-06-02 Influence of far-red intensity during the seedling stage on hydroponic lettuce
- 2020-05-29 Recirculating hydroponics and robotic technology to save on fertigation and labour
- 2020-05-28 Comparison of the technology of aquaponic systems
- 2020-05-28 HRI Launches tHRIve Series
- 2020-05-28 US (MS): Blueberry growers expect high quality, average yield
- 2020-05-28 Photosynthetic performance of red leaf lettuce under UV-A irradiation
- 2020-05-27 The importance of monitoring EC levels in an indoor grow
- 2020-05-26 Wasabi cultivation in Austria's Burgenland
- 2020-05-25 Climate protection thanks to living plants
- 2020-05-25 Harvest 2020: Mobilizing people to become growers
- 2020-05-25 Use of tomato landrace as rootstock improves response under water deficit conditions
- 2020-05-22 Why the indoor farming movement is taking off
- 2020-05-22 This cinema has transformed itself into an indoor urban garden
- 2020-05-21 "Lettuce on water 'is spoiled' so less equipped for stress"
- 2020-05-20 Saving a tradition
- 2020-05-19 Guggenheim tomatoes are monitored from the Netherlands