At the beginning of this week, there was a fire in the municipality of Viesca, in the greenhouses of the Almarimex company, which is located on the road to El Esterito shortly before reaching the municipality of Viesca.
Firefighters, as well as personnel from Civil Protection and Fuerza Coahuila de Matamoros arrived at the spot to find that the greenhouse was completely on fire.
The person in charge of the place told the authorities that they had observed a short circuit in the electrical installation of one of the greenhouses where the flames started on Monday morning, at around 7:30, and that they immediately tried to put out the fire. However, when they were unable to do so, they asked for help from the 911 emergency number.
The firemen worked until they managed to put out the fire, thus preventing the flames from reaching the totality of the annexed greenhouses. The flames consumed the chemical products inside the greenhouse, such as fertilizers and plastic material, which acted as fuel.
According to the authorities, there were no injured or intoxicated people, only material damages.