Hydroponic leafy green production can present commercial growers with exciting opportunities. New crop varieties, greater control, improvements in quality, consistency and yield, and year-round production are just some of the many benefits. But it can be intimidating to get started in hydroponics. What crops best suit your market? What system is right for your space? How do you scale the system you already have?
#LeafyGreens101 at Cultivate '19
Join the "Dream Team" at Cultivate ’19 for Leafy Greens 101: How to Start and Optimize Your Hydroponic Production. Hear how Thiel’s Greenhouses, Dry Hydroponics and A.M.A. Horticulture turned an old ornamentals greenhouse into a modern leafy green production, and learn best practices for growing leafy greens, no matter the size or style of your greenhouse.
This Cultivate ’19 education session will take place on Tuesday, July 16, 2019 from 9:30 am – 10:30 am at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in room A213.
In this session, attendees will learn about:
- Different types of hydroponic production
- What to consider when getting started in hydroponics
- Case Study: Converting an ornamentals greenhouse into leafy green production
- How to optimize and scale existing leafy green production
- Opportunity to ask questions and network
Meet the Dream Team
In early 2019, members of Dry Hydroponics and A.M.A. joined Nadine Stielow in Bruderheim, Alberta to install a new leafy greens system at Thiel’s Greenhouses in just three days. She dubbed this group the “Dream Team” and now they’re taking their show on the road.
- Nadine Stielow, Owner, Grower and Operations Manager, Thiel’s Greenhouses
- Maurice van der Knaap, Owner, Dry Hydroponics
- Shawn Mallen, Manager, Hydroponics & Manufacturing, A.M.A. Horticulture Inc.