Jobs Queensland has released a toolkit for small and medium-sized enterprises to help grow workforce planning capability across Queensland.
Workforce Planning Connect guides businesses through the workforce planning process to help them understand and plan for their current and future workforce needs.
The Workforce Planning Connect suite of resources includes:
- a website providing an overview of workforce planning
- an introductory guide to workforce planning
- an extensive workforce planning toolkit to step businesses through the full process
- a range of templates, fact sheets and additional resources.
With small businesses comprising more than 97 per cent of Queensland businesses and employing almost half of the state’s private sector workforce, these resources were developed to meet a demand in the small business community for support with planning around people and skills.
The benefits of effective workforce planning include:
- better staff attraction and retention
- improved efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
- accurate identification of training and skills development needs
- increased job satisfaction and employee engagement
- reduced staff turnover.
Workforce Planning Connect has been developed with the support of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland (CCIQ). The resources were tested and developed with input from a number of Queensland businesses.
To find out more, visit the Workforce Planning Connect website at www.jobsqueensland.qld.gov.au/wpc