There has been a rapidly growing interest in far-red radiation for indoor agriculture, but empirical or anecdotal evidence often draws inconsistent conclusions, according to plant scientist William Meng. "Rightfully so, for one, the usefulness of far-red radiation depends on the relative and absolute amounts of red and blue light." To learn more, here's a free-access link to Meng's latest paper.
- Crop Advisor
- Laboratory Project Manager - Almeria, Spain
- Junior buyer/ seller - Alicante, Spain
- Office and Sales Administrator - Alkmaar - Schagen, Nederland
- Greenhouse Plug Propagator - Dunnville (Ontario) Canada
- Head Grower new Tomato farm, Iowa USA
- Senior Grower Tomato, NSW Australia
- Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) - Australia
- Rose Grower
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Far-red radiation interacts with relative and absolute blue and red photon flux densities
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-21 "Wireless sensor network deteriorates as plants grow"
- 2019-11-20 “Lights on and let the testing begin, this time with larger tomato plants”
- 2019-11-20 Agriculture blooms from LED boom
- 2019-11-20 "3000 luminaires per day with up to 100 people on the floor"
- 2019-11-20 A guide to grow light spectrum
- 2019-11-19 Mexico's growth discussed at ExpoAgroalimentaria
- 2019-11-18 Innovative cultivation concept for lit strawberry cultivation
- 2019-11-18 "Balancing irrigation and evaporation to create optimal conditions for the root zone
- 2019-11-15 New business management to cruise control aeroponics
- 2019-11-15 "I have a passion for newer life cycle companies"
- 2019-11-15 Producing seedlings in an off-grid LED lit vertical farming facility
- 2019-11-15 An automated workforce to harvest Canada’s greenhouse cucumbers
- 2019-11-14 US (NM): Successful commercial trials with luminescent greenhouse film
- 2019-11-13 Maersk to pilot a battery system to improve power production
- 2019-11-12 Terrateck shows off different tools in new video
- 2019-11-12 "Accessible solutions to help growers with better insight into substrate or water"
- 2019-11-12 Producing seedlings in an off-grid LED lit vertical farming facility
- 2019-11-08 "Already 51 greenhouses working with new data platform"
- 2019-11-08 The Lowpad enters the greenhouse
- 2019-11-07 “Never say you’re not there, then they will pass you by”