“In Australia the protected cropping is worth 1.8 billion dollars to the economy and it is the fastest growing one. It is also a global trend due to different climates and climate changes”, says Nickey Mann of Protected Cropping Australia (PCA). In this video by NSW she tells about how glass greenhouses are developing with optimizing conditions for a high yield. She explains the advantages of protected cropping, and she also talks about the challenges. “It is a battle to find skilled people to keep up with the technology.” However, Nickey says the growing sector has large potential, mainly for young people. “They are born with computers and they are very familiar with technology. Our sector is all about technology. It is about using the resources to maximize yields, to get crops growing out of season in different climates.”
- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
- Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
- Sales Representative - New South Wales (Australia)
- Business Development Coordinator - New Zealand
- Cultivation expert in team Asia
- Greenhouse Production Manager - Heho (Shan State) Myanmar
- Account Manager Benelux
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dozens of LED suppliers turn off their lights: GreenTech 2019 comes to an end
- Speeding up the instalment of new screens
- "We want to create sensors together to better detect pests and diseases"
- "New square 35 liter pot for soft fruit cultivation means repotting is a thing of the past"
- "Good results with new substrate of alternative wood fiber raw material"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Nickey Mann, PCA:
“It is a battle to find skilled people to keep up with the technology”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-14 Speeding up the instalment of new screens
- 2019-06-14 Laser branding of sweet potatoes shown
- 2019-06-14 "We want to create sensors together to better detect pests and diseases"
- 2019-06-13 "Using the measurements directly from the crop gives us a stronger indication of whether we’re doing something right"
- 2019-06-12 Innovative lettuce imaging UK
- 2019-06-12 Supporting OEMs to create ideal LED based horticulture lighting
- 2019-06-12 Study on new tomato production techniques to deal with climate change
- 2019-06-11 KUBO launches data platform Pylot
- 2019-06-11 "Growers can cultivate tomatoes as effectively with PhysioSpec Greenhouse as they can under HPS"
- 2019-06-11 Machine learning platform helps categorise lettuce crops in fields
- 2019-06-11 Recirculation of the nutritive solution in hydroponic culture
- 2019-06-10 Far-red radiation interacts with relative and absolute blue and red photon flux densities
- 2019-06-07 Water, cloud services, CO2 and screening novelties presented at GreenTech
- 2019-06-07 New aluminium greenhouse roof system Optinova
- 2019-06-06 Reinventing agriculture: From drip irrigation to smartphone farming
- 2019-06-06 Three ways innovation will transform the fresh produce supply chain
- 2019-06-05 "The relevance of oxygen is even higher in a DFT system"
- 2019-06-05 Martian vegetable plots as a solution to waste
- 2019-06-05 Germany: Jeff Schell awards for outstanding research
- 2019-06-04 A new lighting option for growers