Newly renamed, the former Food Insecurity Nutrition Incentives Program (FINI) – now the Gus Schumacher Nutrition Incentive Program (GusNIP) – helps low-income families to access more fresh fruits and vegetables. The program, which is still jointly administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) and Food and Nutrition Service, recently announced the availability of $41 million in funds for fiscal year (FY) 2019 projects. This is the first round of funding being offered since passage of the 2018 Farm Bill.
- Lead Engineer (Horticultural Systems)
- Head Grower - Kenya
- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Head of Global Sales - Netherlands or Israel
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-05-14 Monsanto ordered to pay $2 billion in Roundup case
- 2019-05-09 US: $41 million for healthy food access projects now available
- 2019-05-06 US (CA): UnitedAg expands health & wellness centers to Colusa and Napa Valley
- 2019-05-03 Italians share knowledge on tomato brown rugose fruit virus (ToBRFV)
- 2019-05-02 "Take your responsibility in hygiene"
- 2019-04-17 The benefits of eating tomatoes every day
- 2019-04-15 Mapping quantitative trait loci (QTL) associated with flavonoid in tomato
- 2019-04-12 The vegan market is in full growth
- 2019-04-05 Even in Netherlands exterminating ToBRFV seems unlikely
- 2019-04-03 "New study proves tomato phytonutrients support skin’s UV resilience"
- 2019-03-29 €250 million available to support healthy eating habits for European schoolchildren
- 2019-03-13 Hot peppers: a new weapon in the fight against obesity?
- 2019-03-04 US (NY): MSK food program brings fresh food to underserved people
- 2019-02-07 Canada: Western Health initiative to foster fresh produce consumption
- 2019-01-11 First report of tomato brown rugose fruit virus infecting tomato in Germany
- 2018-12-03 How healthy are fresh fruits and vegetables actually?
- 2018-11-05 US (NJ): 144 schools offering fresh fruit and vegetable program
- 2018-10-31 Does current food production meet global nutritional needs?
- 2018-10-29 Researchers find possible anti-depressant properties in peppers
- 2018-10-26 Eggplant in top 10 antioxidant rich vegetables