The HortNZ Leadership Programme will help prepare potential leaders in the horticulture industry to successfully capture opportunities and address challenges.
Participants will join the ranks of over 220 graduates and develop their leadership knowledge and skills in this programme that is supported by industry leaders.
At the end of the programme participants will have:
- an increased confidence to take the lead and influence into the future
- a greater understanding of what leadership is really all about
- gained “ready to use” leadership and business skills, such as communication, teamwork ,critical thinking & problem solving
- gained an awareness of strategy, & how to use it
- gained a wider perspective, understanding & how to address industry issues-now & into the future
- self-knowledge and your own personal plan to go forward
- had the opportunity to network and develop relationships with other like-minded emerging & influential current leaders
Who is eligible to apply?
The programme is designed for potential or current leaders in the fruit and vegetable industry. Participants will primarily, but not exclusively, be growers or their employees, or those from organisations closely associated with growing.
The course is open to NZ citizens or permanent residents who have demonstrated a willingness to assume responsibility in grower or industry affairs, and who have shown definite leadership potential.
The course is limited to a maximum of 18 participants, chosen by a selection committee. The decisions of the committee are final, but unsuccessful applicants are free to re-apply for entry to subsequent courses. Applicants will be advised of the results of the selection by the beginning of June 2018.