The 2019 edition of the Midwest Vegetable Production Guide for Commercial Growers is available for download in PDF. The guide is produced through a collaboration of land-grant universities from eight states. It provides growers with vegetable production information including fertility, variety, cultural, and pest-management recommendations. The sections include a wide variety of specific crops.
A few updates in the 2019 edition:
- The Pesticide Information and Safety section has an updated discussion of precautions and signal words.
- The Organic Vegetable Production section has updated contacts for certifiers.
- An updated discussion of tomato spotted wilt and impatiens necrotic spot viruses is included in the Tomato section (see also the Tomato Insect section).
- A new discussion of cucumber beetle thresholds is included in the Cucurbit section.
- The Tomato insect section now includes management suggestions for thrips.