In early 2018, Michigan State University Extension published numerous articles on the updated Worker Protection Standards (WPS), including frequently asked WPS questions, that came into effect January 2018. While the new WPS standard took effect, there were some gaps in some aspects of the training resources available to growers.
- Head, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- General Manager - Oxnard (CA) USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export - Import manager
- Import-Export senior Sales Agents to Europe - Barcelona, Spain
- Teamleader Agronomist Vertical Farm - Poeldijk, The Netherlands
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- QA Officer Retail - Maasdijk
- Manager Seed Technology - Hann. Münden, Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Developing new grow bags for the ever increasing blueberry market”
- First report of tomato brown rugose fruit virus infecting tomato in Germany
- "We can advise in any crop to be micropropagated in a safe way"
- Easy-to-construct greenhouse keeps the cold out and the warmth in
- Plant empowerment and data driven growing enjoys worldwide following
Top 5 -last month
- Advancements in automated commercial scale vertical farming
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- Mexico: One dead and 10 injured in greenhouse explosion
- "Mushroom growth as an early precursor of what is now vertical farming"
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-01-18 How well regional English accents are understood
- 2019-01-18 USDA to reopen FSA offices for limited services during government shutdown
- 2019-01-18 Italy: High prices due to bad weather
- 2019-01-17 Tomato prices in India to rise further
- 2019-01-17 Iran approves tomato exports for 40 days
- 2019-01-17 UK Tories: Supermarkets should have aisles for local produce
- 2019-01-17 Australia & New Zealand compete for harvest workers
- 2019-01-17 Cucumber prices continue to rise in Russia
- 2019-01-17 Spain: More than 40% of vegetables damaged by cold weather in Guadalentin
- 2019-01-16 "Good sales and growing supply benefit corn salad market"
- 2019-01-16 Red Hair map of Europe
- 2019-01-16 Will beneficial insects and bumblebees fall victim to Brexit?
- 2019-01-16 Spain: The first frosts cause more than €3.7 million in losses for Murcia's crops
- 2019-01-15 China: Guangdong Customs seizes cannonball tree fruit
- 2019-01-15 Vietnam's unique fruits for the New Year
- 2019-01-15 Top usage of farmland for each state of the US
- 2019-01-15 Spain: Frosts damage vegetables in Alicante and prices fall
- 2019-01-15 Government shutdown and the border wall - a South Texas perspective
- 2019-01-15 South Africa - Government land reform surprise
- 2019-01-15 UK farming industry urges MPs to take action to avoid no-deal Brexit