- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Netherlands: Residue Free chicory with sustainable technology
With the Sweep, sound waves are employed to kill harmful micro-organisms in the water. The intricacies of electrolysis are slightly more complex: the procedure involves the decomposition of water into oxygen and hydrogen gas due to an electric current being passed through the water. The water is then used to disinfect the circulation water.
Experiments using the Sweep showed limited results. The electrolysis however, after trialling the proper dosage of AquaNox, exhibited promising effects. Tests including both AquaNox and NOW water seemed to diminish infection by Phytophthora.
Consultation with the chicory committee will now determine whether the research will be continued in the coming season.
Source: Proeftuin Zwaagdijk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 Parasitic weeds threaten California tomato farms
- 2023-09-25 Why do we still need laboratories when sensors are everywhere?
- 2023-09-21 USDA invests in efforts to prevent and reduce food loss and waste
- 2023-09-21 "Huwa-San is a piece of the puzzle, but the whole puzzle needs to be put together"
- 2023-09-21 Hygienic harvesting with new knives and scissors
- 2023-09-19 Fresh food program launched in Indiana will be expanded nationwide
- 2023-06-14 Tomatoes from Albania are suspected to have high levels of hormones
- 2023-06-12 "Surface Coating saves labor and keeps machines cleaner"
- 2023-06-09 GlobalG.A.P. celebrated World Food Safety Day 2023
- 2023-06-07 Tomato propagator improves yield by disinfecting irrigation water
- 2023-06-06 64 COVID outbreaks on Canadian farms in 2020, mostly tied to greenhouses
- 2023-05-29 UAE: Counts of e-coli in vegetables from retailers in Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- 2023-05-29 Good Agricultural Practices for food safety of hydroponic crops
- 2023-05-26 Simply Hot brand Thai Green Peppers recalled due to Salmonella
- 2023-05-26 Japanese blueberries and grapes rejected by Taiwan for banned pesticides
- 2023-05-22 Tuta Absoluta outbreak: Nigerians should consider alternatives, says nutritionist
- 2023-05-22 TikTok avocado hack might breed deadly bacteria
- 2023-05-19 New report finds 97% of fruits and vegetables sampled in California meet pesticide safety standards
- 2023-05-19 Sustainable seal for packaging companies presented
- 2023-05-17 Adding a protective layer that protects the cultivation system, keeping hygiene