- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
- Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Spain must take ToBRFV seriously to prevent tomato cultivation from being threatened"
- Australia's first fully robotic end-to-end vertical farm
- Russia to exceed 1000 hectare high-tech greenhouse acreage
- Becoming China’s largest high-tech vegetable greenhouse
- The Netherlands: Dutch soccer player in between cultivation gutters
Top 5 -last week
- Largest single-build greenhouse in North America nears completion
- Danish judge condemns calling PLA plant pot biodegradable
- Video: How to deal with ToBRFV?
- "It’s a shame that we don’t make optimal use of sunlight"
- "Outbreaks like these are another confirmation that the future of the industry will be indoors"
Top 5 -last month
2D Climate control specially designed for growing in the Middle East Heat
Israeli firm, Amitec, designs information systems for industrial, security and renewable energy systems and have recently ventured into the horticultural market with their AgroAmitec 2D Climate Control System; a multi-lingual platform that is compatible with third party software.
“We signed a contract with the Volcani Centre; they brought their climate control know-how into our company and we put it in our command control platform and the result is AgroAmitec, which brings the next generation solutions to the horticulture market,” says Yehuda Segev, Amitec’s CEO.
A similar concept to Priva or Hoogendoorn automation, 2D Climate Control monitors and manages a number of variables within the greenhouse environment ranging from (among other things): ventilation, chilling, fogging and heating, to screen control and CO2 management.
“This is a new approach to controlling the (greenhouse) environment in an agricultural building: day, night, winter and summer” said Segev.
“We can operate Israeli technology like the DryGair and the Agam units, or any other heating and de-humidifying system,” he said. And the platform - which can generate alerts and reports - can be monitored and controlled in real time, via the internet, or smart phones.
An Amitec study conducted at the Yair Ranch in Central and Northern Arava, Israel, showed the 2D Control System was able to stabilize temperature and humidity, reduce the occurrence of disease, and resulted in 30% savings on energy and water, with an increase of 40% in crop production.
“We expect great success for the system due to the global need to produce food more efficiently and economically in an environment where the costs of energy and other inputs are constantly increasing,” Segev said.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-06 Satellites tracking US food supply, aiding farmers
- 2019-12-06 New cargo visibility tool tracks temperature, humidity and CO2 levels
- 2019-12-06 "Following the online water content in the substrate will improve irrigation efficiency significantly"
- 2019-12-03 USDA announces fellowships to develop the next generation of agriculture
- 2019-12-03 Smart water monitoring technology ensures water and food safety
- 2019-12-02 "Why CRISPR is so incredibly necessary"
- 2019-11-29 CAN (ON): Kingsville looking to take action against light pollution
- 2019-11-28 DNA markers may help hop breeders
- 2019-11-27 Sustainable coffee cups grown from vegetables
- 2019-11-27 CAN: Ontario investing up to $1.85M to boost innovation in agri-food research
- 2019-11-26 "Smart data use will strengthen our greenhouse production method"
- 2019-11-26 Online course on drones for agriculture
- 2019-11-26 Coating makes higher insulating greenhouse roof possible without much loss of light
- 2019-11-25 Steel rising in Morehead
- 2019-11-25 How to best convert light into production
- 2019-11-22 ‘Clean Tech’ firm building indoor farming lighting, plant monitoring, and data science platform
- 2019-11-21 "Wireless sensor network deteriorates as plants grow"
- 2019-11-20 “Lights on and let the testing begin, this time with larger tomato plants”
- 2019-11-20 Agriculture blooms from LED boom
- 2019-11-20 A guide to grow light spectrum