- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
UK: TGA success at the Horticultural Oscars
TGA Chairman, Nigel Bartle and TGA Secretary, Julie Woolley receiving the award from the evenings host Philippa Forrester
TGA Secretary Julie Woolley commented, “I believe our success is down to quality rather than quantity. With only a third of the members we started with in 1997 the TGA has to box clever with its resources. We have quality members growing a top quality product and thanks to their enthusiasm, effort and enterprise this small trade association has proved, once again, that it punches well above its weight”.
Currently the TGA’s main focus is to support its members on technical issues providing up to date information and liaising with Government organisations as well as scientists and technologists. Complementing this the TGA’s highly effective marketing work continues relentlessly in the background, with shows, events, magazine features as well as social media all helping to keep British tomatoes at the forefront of retailers and consumer’s minds.
For more information:
British Tomato Growers’ Association
Julie Woolley, Secretary
Pollards Nursery |Lake Lane |Barnham|West Sussex|PO22 0AD
T: 01243 554859
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-26 PHOTO"It's a good thing this isn't my first fruit and vegetable sector job"
- 2022-05-26 Biotalys’ first biocontrol Evoca wins world BioProtection award 2022
- 2022-05-26 KUBO Group acquires cultivation systems and software branch of Codema
- 2022-05-26 Spanish alliance for new IV and V range products
- 2022-05-26 Smurfit Kappa chooses Morocco to invest 35 million Euro in Africa
- 2022-05-26 "Mexico is a world leader in protected agriculture"
- 2022-05-26 CAN: New collaboration supports agri-tech innovation
- 2022-05-25 "Due to our international supplier structure, fresh arugula is available to us almost year-round"
- 2022-05-25 Malaysia: hydroponic farm develops home growing systems
- 2022-05-25 Shelburne County strawberry farmer recognized with provincial award of excellence in agriculture
- 2022-05-25 Bayer makes US$160 million commitment to Zero Hunger Pledge
- 2022-05-25 ACT weakens plastic ban by removing fruit and vegetable bags
- 2022-05-25 Vietnam to boost high-tech ag tackling hydroponic- and aquaculture farming
- 2022-05-25 "We have not increased our baby leaf or herb production due to the higher costs"
- 2022-05-25 "Our CEA grown basil nearly a dollar less per ounce than field-grown organic produce"
- 2022-05-25 Sicilian Pizzutello tomatoes are back
- 2022-05-25 Unprecedented demand for fresh produce software company after remote packhouse solutions installation
- 2022-05-25 "We facilitate connections between prospective workers and employers"
- 2022-05-25 Crop scouting app for faster data collection
- 2022-05-25 "We are thrilled to play a larger role in the Canadian market"