- Applicant management / board / horticulture / greenhouse grower
- Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
- Managing Director Canada
- Category Manager - Sydney Markets, Australia
- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- Breeder - Xiamen, China
- Senior Scientist, Plant Imaging - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Scientist, Plant Substrates and Nutrition - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Logistics Coordinator
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How these Malaysian farmers grew the world’s most expensive melons
- "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- "Blueberry yield improved because of hydrogen peroxide generation"
- "We see an ever-increasing interest in hydroponic growing"
- Construction completed on Pomas Farms
US: Many in the sector internationally rely on Cuesta Roble's greenhouse statistics
As a consultant, Gary travels to many countries in support of USAID programs for developing worldwide greenhouse agriculture. "Recently, I was engaged in a project in northern Iraq. We provided training on the production of greenhouse vegetables to farmers, agriculture department specialists and University faculty. On another project in Bangladesh, we helped village growers set up container vegetable operations to supplement their diet as well as produce vegetables for the local market” said Gary. "These are just two examples of the many successful projects we have completed over the years”.
Next to consulting, Gary collects a wide range of greenhouse statistical information from countries throughout the world. "While on consulting projects, I meet with many agencies that have useful data on greenhouse vegetable production in their country. Knowing the interest in this, I started a publication that includes the most current data we can find. Some of the information is available on the internet, on corporate websites and in reports that are published online. Since the specific references are listed in our publications, they provide the most accurate database available.”
The statistical publications from Gary Hickman are available on his company website- Cuesta Roble (“Oak Hill”) Greenhouse Consulting. Click here for more information.
For more information:
Cuesta Roble Greenhouse Consulting
Gary W. Hickman
PO Box 1933
Mariposa, CA 95338 USA
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-04-15 Small-scale spinach farmer supplies Africa’s biggest retailer
- 2021-04-15 "Awareness about quality food consumption poses a challenge for Indian horticulture"
- 2021-04-14 Mexican tomato grower adds blueberries to program
- 2021-04-13 Record crop yields due to smart irrigation breakthroughs
- 2021-04-12 Turkish family grows winter plums in their greenhouses
- 2021-04-09 Social distancing brings longer life to strawberries
- 2021-04-09 Greenhouse grown cherries give Washington grower a head start
- 2021-04-08 Expansion amidst the pandemic for aquaponic grower
- 2021-04-01 Temporary contracts central in DOL investigation
- 2021-04-01 Maine tomato grower to pay back wages to migrant workers
- 2021-04-01 "We're equipped and prepared to become the most widespread grower in Europe"
- 2021-04-01 ‘Vegetable growers produce fresh, healthy and sustainable produce, yet are undervalued in NZ’
- 2021-04-01 An American growing vegetables in the Arctic Circle
- 2021-03-30 Construction completed on Pomas Farms
- 2021-03-26 "I used to design cars for Alfa Romeo, now I produce organic fruit and vegetables"
- 2021-03-23 "We are two weeks behind compared to last year"
- 2021-03-19 Another great finish for the Finnish
- 2021-03-18 Everything is going extremely well after a hectic year
- 2021-03-18 UK soft fruit season gets off to a slow start, labour is still a concern
- 2021-03-18 Aruba: an island fragile for famine