- Bedrijfsleider locatie Portugal
- Key Account Manager Horticulture - Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Operations manager - Berlin area, Germany
- Key Account Manager Horticulture - Netherlands
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers | Kenya
- General Manager (Horticulture Farm) | Kenya
- Floral Designer - Floral Direct. Carle Place, NY (Long Island, USA)
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
- Procurement and Marketing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Quality is everything”
- Dutch Berries tests misting installation in newest section of huge strawberry greenhouse
- Plant-based fertilizers on par with conventional fertilizers in lettuce
- High-tech farm ensures plentiful supply of blueberries from Serbia
- Australian unions want to call ban on overseas seasonal workers
Top 5 -last month
US: Many in the sector internationally rely on Cuesta Roble's greenhouse statistics
As a consultant, Gary travels to many countries in support of USAID programs for developing worldwide greenhouse agriculture. "Recently, I was engaged in a project in northern Iraq. We provided training on the production of greenhouse vegetables to farmers, agriculture department specialists and University faculty. On another project in Bangladesh, we helped village growers set up container vegetable operations to supplement their diet as well as produce vegetables for the local market” said Gary. "These are just two examples of the many successful projects we have completed over the years”.
Next to consulting, Gary collects a wide range of greenhouse statistical information from countries throughout the world. "While on consulting projects, I meet with many agencies that have useful data on greenhouse vegetable production in their country. Knowing the interest in this, I started a publication that includes the most current data we can find. Some of the information is available on the internet, on corporate websites and in reports that are published online. Since the specific references are listed in our publications, they provide the most accurate database available.”
The statistical publications from Gary Hickman are available on his company website- Cuesta Roble (“Oak Hill”) Greenhouse Consulting. Click here for more information.
For more information:
Cuesta Roble Greenhouse Consulting
Gary W. Hickman
PO Box 1933
Mariposa, CA 95338 USA
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-08-11 Delphy cultivates in the Middle East
- 2020-08-11 High-tech farm ensures plentiful supply of blueberries from Serbia
- 2020-08-11 IN: Man quits job to start hydroponic gardening and helps 5000 setup gardens from scratch
- 2020-08-11 Hydroponic tomato grower expands year-round offerings and organic varieties
- 2020-08-10 "Dutch red currant market recovers, blueberries have frost damage, and good raspberry demand"
- 2020-08-10 "We try to be quick choosing varieties that allow us to continue being innovative"
- 2020-07-22 Indian grower capitalizes on market opportunities with AI
- 2020-07-21 Thijs van de Westelaken becomes co-director and shareholder of Globe Plant
- 2020-07-20 "In the 1990s, our salary was paid in foodstuffs"
- 2020-07-17 "Just enough supply to meet the strawberry demand"
- 2020-07-16 US (TX): Kalera to open Texas’ largest vertical farming facility in Houston
- 2020-07-15 McCormack has first commercial crop of Irish basil
- 2020-07-15 Young horticulturalists pay digital visit to greenhouse
- 2020-07-14 Twenty years ago, the radish got its face
- 2020-07-10 A pandemic, a Canadian greenhouse, and training consumers to buy local
- 2020-07-07 Dutch lettuce grower cultivates throughout the summer
- 2020-07-06 "Corona has also created new opportunities for us"
- 2020-07-01 Dutch grower paving the way with a mix of three colored pointed peppers
- 2020-07-01 Looije presents Minerva, its new premium cherry tomato brand
- 2020-06-30 Taking care of the soil makes a real difference when growing vegetables