- Head Grower (Vine Crops) US / Canada
- Grower/Manager - Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Cacao Research Collection Manager - UC Davis campus
- Commercial Manager - Europe
- Plant Specialist
- Sale Manager - remote position located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- State Specialist/Extension Professor of Plant Pathology - Durham (NH) USA
- Grower - Snowflake, Arizona
- Sales Director
- Master Hydroponics Grower - Bethesda (MD) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Getting a 95 hectare greenhouse ready for summer
- "We're on the lookout for varieties that work well with automation"
- Largest poly greenhouse in the Netherlands equipped with new drive technology
- Summer break: what to watch while we're away?
- India needs widespread adoption of Artificial Intelligence to improve crop productivity
Top 5 -last week
- Salmonella recall on CEA grown lettuce
- Heavy rain causes severe damage to open field fruit and vegetable crops in Western Europe
- Growing berries under solar modules instead of polytunnels
- Is hydroponics the future of farming in Bangladesh?
- Data visualization tool brings victory to US team in autonomous greenhouse challenge
Top 5 -last month
- Mexican growers more than happy with drainage collection system
- Equilibrium closes industry’s largest Controlled Environment Agriculture fund at $1.022 billion
- "AI and robotics will bring us to the Olympic version of IPM"
- "We want to bring new dynamics and sustainability to the Greek farming industry"
- Salmonella recall on CEA grown lettuce
Canada: New World crops online resource now available
Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) has been investigating nontraditional crops with commercial potential as part of its Feeding Diversity: Bringing World Crops to Market research program. Through this program, Vineland researchers and partners across the country identified best varieties of okra, Asian long and Indian round eggplant for local production. The research also determined optimal agronomic practices.
Vineland has consolidated these research findings in a newly launched site feedingdiversity.vinelandresearch.com, offering a wealth of information including specific varieties that can grow in Canada’s cold and short season climate along with best practices to minimize costs.
The site also offers cost of production calculators that estimate costs and returns for Asian long and Indian round eggplant and okra.
For more information:
Vineland Research and Innovation Centre
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-07-23 “We will create a greenhouse of 7,000 m² of salads and aromatic herbs in aeroponics”
- 2021-07-23 Uni student gets hands-on with horticulture research
- 2021-07-23 Florida blueberry growers part of national survey on pollinator use
- 2021-07-22 How much did it cost to produce a hectare of aubergines in a greenhouse in Almeria this campaign?
- 2021-07-22 "Water footprint in solar greenhouses 20 times lower than national agricultural average"
- 2021-07-22 China: "A container is not just a logistic vehicle anymore"
- 2021-07-20 Underwater farms, and how they work
- 2021-07-20 Nigerian grower showcases farmland
- 2021-07-20 Meters might be key to conserving water for California agriculture
- 2021-07-19 Study on tomato leaf diseases classification based on leaf images
- 2021-07-19 How New Jersey farms cultivate exotic crops
- 2021-07-19 US (OK): Graduate student first to use aquaponics with grafted plants
- 2021-07-19 Hydroponic history of Singapore shown in video
- 2021-07-16 Heavy rain causes severe damage to open field fruit and vegetable crops in Western Europe
- 2021-07-16 Midsummer: Tomato propagation for cultivation under lights in full swing
- 2021-07-15 Study on root dipping techniques to test performance of jute mallow
- 2021-07-15 Belgium: Increasing demand for growing towers from catering industry and home growers
- 2021-07-15 Papaya consumer popularity prompts university trial for commercial expansion
- 2021-07-15 Research into tomato fruit ripening
- 2021-07-14 Solution-focused innovation the future of agriculture