- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe (Benelux - Germany)
- Technical sales specialists Florida, Virginia, North Caroline, South Carolina, Texas, - USA
- Business Development Manager Spain
- Director of Operations - Ethiopia
- Product Manager Premium Beans - Rotterdam, NL
- Crop Consultant - Canada
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
- Corporate Account Manager - Chilliwack (BC) Canada
- Tomato Breeder - Made, The Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
- "We understand growers’ requirements and we can help optimize a better solution"
- CAN (QC): Savoura president and son missing after helicopter flight
- "It pains to say goodbye to the company my father started fifty years ago"
- "View and manage your operation from anywhere"
- Australia: Nectar Farms glasshouse project still in design phase
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Walmart files patent for 'pollination drone'
The robo-bees would also have “sticky bristles” that can extract the pollen and keep it held until the Pollination Drone arrives at another flower.
The Pollination Drone was one of six patents filed by Walmart. All were centered on farming to help the company compete with Amazon in the fresh food market.
Also patented was machine learning to try to track pests as well as monitor crop health. The drones would then be able to spray pesticides and fly by birds to scare them away.
Read more at Newsweek (James Hetherington)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-04 Partnership brings increased artichoke sales
- 2019-06-25 Photo Report: wholesale market Cologne
- 2019-06-06 UK: Supermarket in York wants to change food industry
- 2019-06-05 Lidl offers 5kg veg boxes in fight against food waste
- 2019-05-30 Ontario consumers vote for favourite greenhouse vegetable display
- 2019-04-24 Groceries delivered when you're away thanks to mini-fridge
- 2019-04-05 How retailers quadruple the price of imperfect produce
- 2019-02-22 Glasshouse strawberries - a unique selling point for Aldi UK
- 2019-01-08 'Low demand for Turkish peppers after Christmas'
- 2018-06-20 Sing along with the vegetable edition of Little Green Bag
- 2018-06-12 Carrefour’s 'Black Market' - 7 months after launch
- 2018-06-07 Prison terms demanded for fraud in Westland tomato trade
- 2018-06-05 Consumers still hesitate to buy fresh produce online
- 2018-06-05 Wendy's is moving all of its tomato production to greenhouses
- 2018-05-23 Germany: Discounter expands healthy fruit & vegetable brand program
- 2018-05-11 Twice as much fruit and vegetables in the average AH shop
- 2018-05-10 Atlanta cop nets long sentence for breaking man’s leg over ‘stolen’ tomato
- 2018-05-08 Photo report CPMA retail tour
- 2018-05-07 "Customers can harvest lettuce in the supermarket"
- 2018-04-25 "China: Walmart unites suppliers in "Fresh Food Alliance"