- Sales Manager
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
- Hoofd Engineering - Gameren, Nederland
- Manager Operations - Gameren, Nederland
- Master Vegetable - Flower Grower
- National Production & Technical Manager - Melbourne, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Walmart files patent for 'pollination drone'
The robo-bees would also have “sticky bristles” that can extract the pollen and keep it held until the Pollination Drone arrives at another flower.
The Pollination Drone was one of six patents filed by Walmart. All were centered on farming to help the company compete with Amazon in the fresh food market.
Also patented was machine learning to try to track pests as well as monitor crop health. The drones would then be able to spray pesticides and fly by birds to scare them away.
Read more at Newsweek (James Hetherington)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-08-20 That time when Netto put cats in their supermarket
- 2019-08-13 CAN (ON): Winning berry display freshly picked
- 2019-07-04 Partnership brings increased artichoke sales
- 2019-06-25 Photo Report: wholesale market Cologne
- 2019-06-06 UK: Supermarket in York wants to change food industry
- 2019-06-05 Lidl offers 5kg veg boxes in fight against food waste
- 2019-05-30 Ontario consumers vote for favourite greenhouse vegetable display
- 2019-04-24 Groceries delivered when you're away thanks to mini-fridge
- 2019-04-05 How retailers quadruple the price of imperfect produce
- 2019-02-22 Glasshouse strawberries - a unique selling point for Aldi UK
- 2019-01-08 'Low demand for Turkish peppers after Christmas'
- 2018-06-20 Sing along with the vegetable edition of Little Green Bag
- 2018-06-12 Carrefour’s 'Black Market' - 7 months after launch
- 2018-06-07 Prison terms demanded for fraud in Westland tomato trade
- 2018-06-05 Consumers still hesitate to buy fresh produce online
- 2018-06-05 Wendy's is moving all of its tomato production to greenhouses
- 2018-05-23 Germany: Discounter expands healthy fruit & vegetable brand program
- 2018-05-11 Twice as much fruit and vegetables in the average AH shop
- 2018-05-10 Atlanta cop nets long sentence for breaking man’s leg over ‘stolen’ tomato
- 2018-05-08 Photo report CPMA retail tour