- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe (Benelux - Germany)
- Technical sales specialists Florida, Virginia, North Caroline, South Carolina, Texas, - USA
- Business Development Manager Spain
- Director of Operations - Ethiopia
- Product Manager Premium Beans - Rotterdam, NL
- Crop Consultant - Canada
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
- Corporate Account Manager - Chilliwack (BC) Canada
- Tomato Breeder - Made, The Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
- "We understand growers’ requirements and we can help optimize a better solution"
- CAN (QC): Savoura president and son missing after helicopter flight
- "It pains to say goodbye to the company my father started fifty years ago"
- "View and manage your operation from anywhere"
- Australia: Nectar Farms glasshouse project still in design phase
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
North-east India: Farm-side cold storages for vegetables
According to official figures, around 25% of fruits and vegetables harvested in the Bihar district are damaged before marketing because of lack of proper storage facilities. This is a huge number, as Bihar produced 16.6 million tonnes of vegetables and 4.23 million tonnes of fruits in 2016-17.
"The state government will provide a subsidy of 650,000 rupees (8,100 euros) to set up one portable cold storage. It would be solar-powered, so farmers would not have to bear the recurring power cost," said Agriculture Minister Prem Kumar.
A telegraphindia.com report claims that if proper storage facilities are not present, the volume of damaged produce would only increase in coming years as the state is aiming to take production levels of vegetables to 25.3 million tonnes and fruits to 6 million tonnes by 2021-22.
A portable cold storage costs around 1.3 million rupees (16,300 euros) and has a capacity to store 5 tonnes of produce at a low temperature. The department has a target to set up 38 solar portable cold storages in the current fiscal year.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-08 "It is difficult to lower the temperature in the vegetable core to the required four degrees."
- 2019-06-03 Air distribution mat against temperature fluctuations
- 2019-02-01 New cold store and cooking facility for Swedish vegetables
- 2018-07-04 Vacuum cooling for every small hold farmer on the planet
- 2018-06-27 US (CA): JSK cooling system for Sunniva
- 2018-06-07 Netherlands: IPHandlers builds new Perishable Centre
- 2018-02-27 North-east India: Farm-side cold storages for vegetables
- 2018-01-04 Absence of cold storage: Indian tomato farmers resort to distress sales
- 2017-12-13 Cold chain solutions for Nigerian farmers
- 2017-12-13 Fresh investment poised to bring innovative device to exporters worldwide
- 2017-12-12 India: Cold storage for growers in the orange bowl of Manipur
- 2017-11-22 What is hydronic cooling?
- 2017-11-13 China: Demand for refrigerated trucks is steadily growing
- 2017-10-03 Tecnova implements a greenhouse refrigeration system in Egypt
- 2017-09-01 Royal treatment for the 'King of the frozen fruits': the strawberry
- 2017-06-07 New monitoring solution for food retailers
- 2017-05-17 "If you don't jump on it quickly, CGMMV can easily get out of hand"
- 2017-04-03 China: Large cold chain logistics center to be built in Ganzhou
- 2017-03-16 Conviron announces new distributor for Colombia, Peru and Ecuador
- 2017-02-02 McGill researchers develop new passive cooling and ventilation solution