- Sales/Marketing Professional - Europe
- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
Top 5 -yesterday
- Tasmania is home to one of horticulture's hidden gems: hydroponic grown wasabi
- Precision steering for tomato crops thanks to stonewool products
- “We’ve developed tasty, high-yielding, TYLCV-resistant tomato varieties”
- "Local labour can only replace the experienced harvest workers to a limited extent"
- Vertical Farming Congress to be held in London
Top 5 -last week
- Houweling’s Tomatoes wins Ultra-Clima greenhouse court cases and is awarded first sub-licence
- Yesterday was a peculiar day in the horticultural world....
- First report of ToBRFV infecting sweet pepper in Italy
- At least 3 sources of ToBRFV in Dutch tomato cultivation
- Japanese autotech giant Denso invests in Certhon
Top 5 -last month
- Various ways of hydroponic growing in tropical climates
- "Risk of E. coli in hydroponic and aquaponic systems may be greater than once thought"
- Have a look at a container farm in India
- 'Blueberry used to be an extensive crop, but is becoming more and more intensive"
- Overview: Global impact of Corona virus on fresh produce markets
North-east India: Farm-side cold storages for vegetables
According to official figures, around 25% of fruits and vegetables harvested in the Bihar district are damaged before marketing because of lack of proper storage facilities. This is a huge number, as Bihar produced 16.6 million tonnes of vegetables and 4.23 million tonnes of fruits in 2016-17.
"The state government will provide a subsidy of 650,000 rupees (8,100 euros) to set up one portable cold storage. It would be solar-powered, so farmers would not have to bear the recurring power cost," said Agriculture Minister Prem Kumar.
A telegraphindia.com report claims that if proper storage facilities are not present, the volume of damaged produce would only increase in coming years as the state is aiming to take production levels of vegetables to 25.3 million tonnes and fruits to 6 million tonnes by 2021-22.
A portable cold storage costs around 1.3 million rupees (16,300 euros) and has a capacity to store 5 tonnes of produce at a low temperature. The department has a target to set up 38 solar portable cold storages in the current fiscal year.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-04-06 Government investment in airfreight welcomed by Australian vegetable growers
- 2020-01-16 Vacuum cooling is widely used for fresh produce
- 2019-09-25 Significance of vacuum cooling for fresh produce
- 2019-07-08 "It is difficult to lower the temperature in the vegetable core to the required four degrees."
- 2019-06-03 Air distribution mat against temperature fluctuations
- 2019-02-01 New cold store and cooking facility for Swedish vegetables
- 2018-07-04 Vacuum cooling for every small hold farmer on the planet
- 2018-06-27 US (CA): JSK cooling system for Sunniva
- 2018-06-07 Netherlands: IPHandlers builds new Perishable Centre
- 2018-02-27 North-east India: Farm-side cold storages for vegetables
- 2018-01-04 Absence of cold storage: Indian tomato farmers resort to distress sales
- 2017-12-13 Cold chain solutions for Nigerian farmers
- 2017-12-13 Fresh investment poised to bring innovative device to exporters worldwide
- 2017-12-12 India: Cold storage for growers in the orange bowl of Manipur
- 2017-11-22 What is hydronic cooling?
- 2017-11-13 China: Demand for refrigerated trucks is steadily growing
- 2017-10-03 Tecnova implements a greenhouse refrigeration system in Egypt
- 2017-09-01 Royal treatment for the 'King of the frozen fruits': the strawberry
- 2017-06-07 New monitoring solution for food retailers
- 2017-05-17 "If you don't jump on it quickly, CGMMV can easily get out of hand"