- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Australia: Young Victorians awarded agriculture scholarships
Minister for Agriculture Jaala Pulford announced the winners of the third Young Farmers Scholarship Awards in a ceremony at Parliament.
Recipients will receive grants of up to $5,000 to support agricultural training and study in areas such as farm management, business and financial literacy, risk management, and product development.
When they complete their studies, they will receive an additional funding boost of up to $5,000 to invest on-farm or in professional development – putting their new skills into practice.
The additional funding will help these young farmers apply their skills and secure jobs in the sector.
The $125,000 scholarship program is part of the Labor Government’s ongoing investment to attract and support the next generation of farmers and ensure the future prosperity of Victoria’s $13.1 billion agriculture sector.
Twenty five young people across regional Victoria have already benefitted from this training opportunity and are now putting their skills to work in our agriculture sector.
Examples of eligible courses include a Diploma in Agriculture, human resources training, business management courses, a Diploma of Agribusiness Management and a range of on-farm technical training.
Applications for next year’s scholarships will be open in early 2018 to farmers aged 35 or under.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 From eggplants to bullseyes: Dirk is the 'Aubergenius'
- 2023-11-29 Goulburn Valley grower abandons crop blaming high mark-ups at supermarkets
- 2023-11-28 Singapore: S$38 strawberry harvesting experience at hydroponics farm near Buona Vista
- 2023-11-27 Malaysia: Cultivating sustainable ways to feed the country
- 2023-11-27 "It's crucial to promote urban farming to boost healthy eating habits in cities"
- 2023-11-27 Ecuador’s blueberry industry is the 'new kid on the block' with 52 weeks supply advantage
- 2023-11-27 Cuba turns to aquaponics to solve food shortage
- 2023-11-27 Indonesian greenhouse sets record with 5.8 kg melon
- 2023-11-24 Little boy is a big fan of broccoli, sleeps with it but doesn't eat it
- 2023-11-24 Berry entrepreneurs in Huelva venture into the medical cannabis industry
- 2023-11-24 “We are only producing first-class products”
- 2023-11-23 US: Mushroom farm yields 800 to 1000lbs weekly
- 2023-11-23 Norway: “We’re matching import prices to break into the market”
- 2023-11-23 Retirement beckons for NZ watercress trailblazers
- 2023-11-23 Introducing North American consumers to greenhouse-grown radishes
- 2023-11-22 US (NC): New partnership creates first-ever indoor hydroponic coffee farm