- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Boreal Light is European Food Startup of the Year
During these finals, 15 startups from 8 European countries pitched their innovation to a jury of experts, chaired by Adam Anders, Managing Partner of Anterra Capital. ‘The jury evaluated the different pitches on criteria like the business model and global impact’, Adam Anders says. ‘We unanimously voted for Boreal Light as the winner because of major impact on global scale”.
‘Boreal Light wins the final of the European FoodNexus Startup Challenge, because it is an excellent combination of technology and sustainability with a vital impact in regions where the availability of fresh water is lacking’, says Laurent Genet, Corporate Development Director of Nutreco.
As the winner of the European Finals, Boreal Light tops the list of some 400 startups who earlier this year registered for the national finals.
‘I am very excited that we have won’, says Hamed Beheshti, Executive Manager of the German startup Boreal Light. ‘Recently I was in Uganda where I explained our work to a woman in the local village I visited. She started crying, knowing the importance of the availability of fresh water. This is a basic human need, and I am very happy that with the prize money Boreal Light won here, we can build a water kiosk benefiting that village in Uganda.’
The audience voted for Urban Crop Solutions as the winner of the Public Choice Award, who will be awarded a spot on the center stage during the prestigious event F&A Next, on May 30 and 31 2018 at Wageningen University & Research, the Netherlands.
Representing Urban Crop Solutions, Maarten Vandercruys received the award from Jan Meiling, Managing Director StartLife. ‘What a fantastic experience to win this final!’, Maarten Vandercruys says. ‘We invested a lot of energy in developing our concept of indoor farming systems using LED lighting.
Information on next year’s edition of the European FoodNexus Startup Challenge will become available on www.fnsc.eu.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 US (KY): "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-29 "For growers and retailers, we're an open book"
- 2023-09-29 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-29 Lebanon needs greenhouses for food safety and security too
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-29 Said El Ouakili to join Kubo
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt