- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
Maximum protection and ventilation for the plants in transit and on display
The Plantpac range was designed in collaboration with a major mail order plant supplier. The resulting easy-to-assemble packs provide maximum protection and ventilation for the plants in transit and on display.
"Since its launch, Plantpac has gone from strength to strength. We now have extended our plug plant range to include 9 cm single and triple variants and added new letterbox packs designed to be posted at the large letter Royal Mail postage rate, keeping delivery costs to a minimum for the Mail Order nurseries", they tell us.
Letterbox Packs LL1C Open Cavity – LL312 3cm plug x 12 – LL36 3cm plug x 6
To facilitate customer ordering, the Plantpac range can now be ordered on-line through a dedicated spur off the main Macpac website. The patented pack design has a simple secure and fast pack closure, even when wearing gloves. Optional corrugated outer packaging can be realised, and the same goes for personalised customer logos on the front face for a small cost. The packs are manufactured in clear r-Pet for high clarity foliage display and are made from consumer recyclate and accepted in the waste stream.
For more information:
+44 (0) 161 442 1642
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-17 Kenya to provide freighters for agri-exports
- 2022-11-14 Angus Soft Fruits now importing berries using reduced-plastic, cushioning punnet to improve quality and recyclability.
- 2022-11-11 "Elastic and non-elastic yarns with ecologically sustainable materials"
- 2022-11-11 "Process automation facilitates the reduction of production costs in citrus warehouses"
- 2022-10-26 'Reefer container rates expected to decrease at a significantly slower pace through 2023'
- 2022-09-22 New cling film is compostable with industrial versatility
- 2022-09-19 Snack tomato packaging wins 'Carton of the Year 2022' award
- 2022-09-13 "Products washed with peroxide have a longer shelf life"
- 2022-08-29 Strauss's leapfrogging in sustainable packaging by ROP for salads and leafy greens
- 2022-08-25 UK: Plant packaging manufacturer is exhibiting at the Four Oaks Trade show
- 2022-08-24 "No doubt robotic harvesters will be common in greenhouses very soon"
- 2022-08-18 Sustainable closure sealing and labelling of fruit and vegetable trays
- 2022-08-12 New application for disinfection of fresh-cut fruits by means ozone in the packaging
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry