- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
International interest for edible mini roses
Anders Eskelund, Rosa Eskelund and Harley Eskelund at the IFTF Vijfhuizen in the Netherlands.
"We of Roses Forever exhibit many places but this year's IFTF in the Netherlands hits records regarding international and serious visitors who are looking for a new crop for their greenhouses", says Rosa Eskelund, owner of Roses Forever. "Ranging from Japan to Canada and South Africa to Scandinavia, we received a visit from growers all over the world. "
Picture on the left: Colourful 'Roses Forever' pot rose varieties. Picture on the right Viking cut roses.
"The ornamental industry is developing in the right direction and we therefore decide to put a lot on display this year." The Danish family company presented several series, of which they offer a license to grow, and gave special attention to their new series of mini roses; 'I am Different' and 'Fontiane' roses. Also the series of edible Gourmet roses received quite a lot of interest at the show. "A large Dutch cut rose grower asked for license to grow the edible Gourmet rose line. He is eager to grow a new crop that is not known yet in the Netherlands and will therefore decrease the cut flower production area", says Eskelund. This Dutch grower will visit the trial greenhouse of Roses Forever just after Christmas. However, next to non-ornamental growers, it is also a suitable crop for vegetable growers.
Open house in Roses Forever's greenhouse Denmark.
Open house Denmark
A week after the IFTF, Roses Forever held its open house in Denmark, where they welcomed many international visitors too.” During the open house, they showcased even more products than at the IFTF. "We've showed mini pot roses in 4 series; 'Roses Forever', 'Infinity', 'I am Different' and 'Fontaine' and cut roses in the series 'Rosa Loves Me'.
Eskelund presenting the "I am Different" pot roses to the IFTF visitors.
The Netherlands is Roses Forever's main market in Europe and Asia is one of Roses Forever's main markets. However, Eskelund attach a lot of value to having several growers in many parts of the world instead of many licensed growers in the same country.
For more information
T: +45 51 57 19 90
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Concerns about endive harvest quality
- 2023-11-29 Sweet Karoline blackberries arriving late December
- 2023-11-23 Taking a closer look at the world’s most expensive fruits
- 2023-11-13 Bananatex launches compostable jersey made from Abacá banana plants
- 2023-11-10 YUM YUMS cherry tomatoes unveiled
- 2023-11-07 "We're combating unhealthy snacks with seedless snack bell peppers"
- 2023-10-31 Zucchiolo, a cross between cucumber and zucchini
- 2023-10-31 Product innovation continues in greenhouse industry with new pepper variety
- 2023-10-26 New celery snack launched
- 2023-10-19 Melatonin from tomatoes? Seems like it
- 2023-10-18 Butter lettuce-based salad kits hit the market
- 2023-10-17 Lettuce brand extends with new salad kits
- 2023-10-13 App analyses tomato appearance within seconds
- 2023-10-13 "Plastic is still plastic no matter how you look at it"
- 2023-10-13 New premium berry line on the way
- 2023-10-12 Canadian greenhouse grower expands grape tomato line