- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US (PA): Feasibility study for a Center of Excellence for Indoor Agriculture
The project is currently in the data collection phase. Methods of data collection include interviews with indoor agriculture industry executives, senior university administrators, and local and state government officials. An online survey is also being distributed to select segments of the industry and to local leaders.
The data collection phase will be completed by January 2018. More information about the study can be found at: KennettIndoorAg.info
According to Dr. Stein, the principal investigator of the study, “We are excited to conduct this study of the feasibility of setting up a Center of Excellence for Indoor Ag. If found to be feasible, we expect the Center of Excellence to accelerate the commercialization of indoor agriculture and to help these businesses reach profitability sooner.”
The Center of Excellence would serve as a national hub and knowledge base for indoor agriculture investment, production, operations, distribution, research & development and provide training and workforce development in indoor agriculture.
The primary sponsor of the study is Kennett Township (PA). Kennett Square Borough (PA) and New Garden Township (PA) are also sponsors. This region is considered to be the “Mushroom Capital” of the U.S and is located just outside of Philadelphia.
Dr. Eric W. Stein is an Associate Professor of Business at Penn State and CEO of Barisoft Consulting Group. Dr. Stein has a Ph.D. in Managerial Science from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and a BA in Physics from Amherst College. He has published numerous books, articles and academic papers related to business and served as a consultant to private and public organizations.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf