- Jack Payne, UF senior vice president for agriculture and natural resources.
- Mike Stuart, president of the Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association.
- Reggie Brown, executive vice president of the Florida Tomato Exchange.
- Dudley Calfee, president of the Florida Blueberry Growers Association.
- Kenneth Parker, executive director of the Florida Strawberry Growers Association.
There will be a panel discussion about the state of the Florida agriculture industry, particularly as it relates to blueberries, strawberries and tomatoes. Scientists at the UF/IFAS Gulf Coast Research and Education Center focus their research on these and other crops. Some discussion will focus on how Hurricane Irma affected these sectors of the agriculture industry, and how everyone can help improve the outlook for the industry.
The conference also features exhibitors in the areas of alternative crops and disease control as well as farm automation.
When & where
- 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 8. Panel discussion will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- UF/IFAS Gulf Coast REC, 14625 County Road 672, Balm, Florida.