- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Canopy Growth establishes strategic relationship with Constellation Brands:
Corona adds another extra
Constellation is an international producer and marketer of a fast-growing, high-performing portfolio of beers like Corona, wine and spirits brands. As part of the strategic relationship, an affiliate of Constellation will invest approximately C$245 million in Canopy Growth in exchange for common shares that, following the transaction, will represent a 9.9% equity share in the Company. An equal number of common share purchase warrants will also be made available to Constellation, the terms of which are outlined below.
"In Constellation we have a strategic ally that will join us as we lead the global cannabis sector into the future. We have also strengthened our balance sheet to fund the ambitious expansion efforts we have planned heading into 2018 – a year that will see unprecedented growth in medical and adult-use opportunities," said Bruce Linton, Chairman and CEO, Canopy Growth.
The strategic relationship will see Constellation provide broad support in the areas of consumer analytics, market trending, marketing and brand development to Canopy Growth. In addition, the companies will collaborate to develop and market cannabis-based beverages that can be marketed as adult-use products in markets where and when such products are federally legal.
In exchange for the investment, a total of 18,876,901 Canopy Growth common shares will be issued at a price of $12.9783 per share based on a 5-day volume weighted average price (VWAP) as of the close of markets on October 27, 2017. An equal number of common share purchase warrants will be issued at the same price, subject to certain restrictions, expiring 30 months from the closing date. The common shares and warrants will have a hold period of four months and one day from the closing date, with the warrants being exercisable in two equal tranches, with the first exercisable tranche date being August 1, 2018 and the second exercisable tranche date being February 1, 2019. Canopy Growth will principally use the proceeds to fund the expansion of its international growing platform and to support ongoing investments in value-add processing and new product development and research.
The transaction has been conditionally approved by the Toronto Stock Exchange and is expected to close on or about November 2, 2017, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-08-28 China works to minimize flood impact, ensure vegetable supply
- 2022-08-24 Heart Research Institute looks at ways vegetables could treat strokes
- 2021-12-13 CAN: Companies seek approval for C-19 vaccine, using plants to express proteins needed
- 2020-04-10 Spain approves hiring 80,000 unemployed and immigrants to cover farm shortfall
- 2020-03-31 US (PA): Harrisburg University still running aquaponics lab, donating produce during virus outbreak
- 2019-04-01 HortiDaily starts MMJDaily.com
- 2019-03-25 Aphria shows automation in new video
- 2019-03-06 CEA Advisors forms new division focused on cannabis industry
- 2019-03-05 Denmark: Spectrum Cannabis ready for sale in autumn
- 2019-03-05 CA (BC): Cannabis grower gets permit for growing facility
- 2019-03-01 "I think the Netherlands can become the Champagne region of cannabis"
- 2019-02-27 Belgium takes first step towards legalization of medicinal cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-25 Canada: 'World's largest indoor organic hemp CBD grower' setting up in Manitoba
- 2019-02-14 Sustainability and the cultivation of quality cannabis
- 2019-02-11 Canopy Growth to inject 30 million CDN in additional capital into Canopy Rivers
- 2019-02-08 US (CA): Cannabis Research Center to explore environmental, social impacts of legalization