- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Foliar applications increase yield but modulate tomato fruit quality
Plants were sprayed four times during the growing cycle with a solution containing 1, 3, and 3 mL·L−1 of PE, SWE, and PH, respectively. Foliar applications of biostimulants improved the early and total marketable yield of fresh tomato. The increase of total yield by PE, SWE, and PH was 11.7%, 6.6% and 7.0%, respectively, in comparison with untreated plants. Legume-derived PH increased lycopene, total soluble solids, and K and Mg contents, thereby increasing the nutritional value of the fruits.
The applications of SWE, and to a lesser degree PH, enhanced the Ca concentration in the fruit tissue. Our findings indicated that the three tested biostimulants, although they increased the total production cost, improved the nutrient status and yield performance of the crop to a level resulting in net economic benefits.
Access the full study at HortScience.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Enabling higher yields on existing farmlands
- 2023-11-29 "This strain has been distilled into an easily utilized foliar spray"
- 2023-11-28 Recycled phosphorus fertilizer reduces nutrient leaching, maintains yield
- 2023-11-20 Plant-based biostimulants help pepper grower deal with low water retention capacity
- 2023-10-24 Global fertilizer market set to recover, despite potential disruptions due to the Israel-Hamas war
- 2023-10-17 What is a tripartite association between Bacillus, Mycorrhizae, and plants?
- 2023-10-11 "ZeroTol 2.0 can help growers get the most out of their IPM programs"
- 2023-10-02 Ras Al Khaimah's organic fertilizer projects receives $20M investment
- 2023-09-21 How to identify a nutrient deficiency in hydroponic basil
- 2023-09-20 Cucumber grower sees production increase and more efficient cultivations after applying nano-fertilizers
- 2023-09-13 Toopi Organics secures €16M to flood European agricultural markets with urine-based biostimulants
- 2023-09-08 UK: Biostimulant increases yield by 17%
- 2023-09-08 Van Iperen International to expand GreenSwitch Nitrate factory
- 2023-09-05 Boosting root development with Ascophyllum Nodosum biostimulant
- 2023-08-21 UK: New range of biofertilizers launched
- 2023-08-14 Composition and production of circular fertilizer