Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
US: Elumin fungicide now registered for downy mildew in cucurbits
Elumin stops disease spread by preventing spores from being produced. In addition to providing excellent disease protection and residual foliar control through locally systemic activity, Elumin is also highly translaminar, meaning it penetrates the leaf tissue to protect the upper and difficult-to-cover lower surfaces.
Kenny Seebold, product development manager at Valent, said downy mildew is a tough-to-control disease that can devastate cucumbers and other cucurbit crops. The downy mildew pathogen can rapidly develop resistance to a fungicide if strict resistance management and product stewardship is not practiced. Elumin delivers optimal disease control when used preventively in a rotational program with other oomycete fungicides.
"Current grower control strategies for downy mildew include applying multiple fungicide applications throughout the crop cycle, planting resistant varieties and rotating crops," Seebold said. "Elumin is a new and effective fungicide for growers to use in their rotation program for foliar and soilborne disease control."
Elumin is labeled for downy mildew and Phytophthora blight/crown rot control in cucurbits and Phytophthora blight control in peppers. Elumin contains a novel and proprietary active ingredient developed by Valent with proven efficacy on oomycete diseases.
In 21 research trials conducted in Georgia, Florida, North Carolina and Michigan between 2012 and 2015, programs that included Elumin in the rotation delivered excellent control of cucurbit downy mildew. These results demonstrated Elumin to be a strong fit in a rotational program designed to provide season-long control of the disease and to manage fungicide resistance potential.
Elumin, a FRAC 22 fungicide, joins a growing fungicide product line from Valent. Additionally, Elumin can be rotated successfully with other downy mildew fungicides.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 National probabilistic risk assessment of newly registered pesticides in agricultural products to propose MRL
- 2022-08-12 "Significant part of our lettuce assortment is highly resistant to Fusarium"
- 2022-08-12 Meet the wasp that mummifies and kills the tomato hornworm
- 2022-08-11 More demand for pepper washers due to aphids
- 2022-08-10 Pest management for Spotted Wing Drosophila
- 2022-08-10 "National Biosecurity Strategy a positive step in protecting Australia’s agriculture industry from pests and disease"
- 2022-08-08 US: Basil downy mildew found in southern New Jersey
- 2022-08-08 The advantages of introducing useful insects into nurseries
- 2022-07-22 Research team identifies genes making strawberries resistant to Fusarium wilt
- 2022-07-22 Protect second cucumber crops from Pythium now
- 2022-07-22 Employee Seminar 2022: The Green Switch Journey continues
- 2022-07-21 "Beneficial nematodes achieve 80% mortality in pepper caterpillar"
- 2022-07-20 95 percent of the Dutch horticultural area uses biological pest control
- 2022-07-20 Biohacking helps protect crops from fungal attacks
- 2022-07-20 New study uses AI to help find downy mildew
- 2022-07-20 Edema development in brassica crops
- 2022-07-20 New research reveals mutation responsible for disease resistance in cassava
- 2022-07-20 Identifying and controlling Botrytis in high tunnel and greenhouse tomato production
- 2022-07-20 Structural Design and Analyzed Methodology for a Flat-roof Nethouse in Greece
- 2022-07-19 Grenada holds tabletop simulation exercise for tomato leaf miner