- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
New Zealand: More science added to 5+ A Day
The Trust’s general manager, Paula Dudley, says Dr Lister’s appointment this month brings a new level of scientific expertise to the organisation and broadens the skillset at board level.
Dr Lister, Plant & Food Research’s Phytochemical & Health Team Leader, has worked with 5+ A Day for several years and says the organisation is doing a great job of encouraging people to eat more fruit and vegetables.
“Our knowledge about the importance of nutrients and phytochemicals in our diet only has an impact if people change their behavior, and we know 5+ A Day is doing just that,” says Dr Lister.
“As well as doing the science I’ve now got a fair amount of experience in communicating health benefits so I’m delighted to have the chance to help at a strategic level.”
Dr Lister is already helping develop new material for older school pupils, workplaces and online.
The Trust celebrates its tenth anniversary this year. The 5+ A Day logo appears on more than 600 packages and promotions, and research shows 94% of shoppers are now aware of 5+ A Day, up from 82% in 2012.
A 2017 Ministry of Health survey shows the number of people eating five or more servings of fruit and vegetables a day is increasing but, at 40% of the population, much work remains to be done.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Concerns about endive harvest quality
- 2023-11-29 Sweet Karoline blackberries arriving late December
- 2023-11-23 Taking a closer look at the world’s most expensive fruits
- 2023-11-13 Bananatex launches compostable jersey made from Abacá banana plants
- 2023-11-10 YUM YUMS cherry tomatoes unveiled
- 2023-11-07 "We're combating unhealthy snacks with seedless snack bell peppers"
- 2023-10-31 Zucchiolo, a cross between cucumber and zucchini
- 2023-10-31 Product innovation continues in greenhouse industry with new pepper variety
- 2023-10-26 New celery snack launched
- 2023-10-19 Melatonin from tomatoes? Seems like it
- 2023-10-18 Butter lettuce-based salad kits hit the market
- 2023-10-17 Lettuce brand extends with new salad kits
- 2023-10-13 App analyses tomato appearance within seconds
- 2023-10-13 "Plastic is still plastic no matter how you look at it"
- 2023-10-13 New premium berry line on the way
- 2023-10-12 Canadian greenhouse grower expands grape tomato line