- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
"Build before winter - you won't regret it"
Benefits of a year-round greenhouse
There are tons of benefits to establishing a year-round grow operation. A well-heated greenhouse protects plants from bad weather, increasing production and profits.
Maintaining a comfortable climate is vital for successful plant production, especially if growing out of season. Changes in temperature and humidity can be drastic and sudden inside a greenhouse, so keeping a controlled environment helps plants to reach their potential and avoid shock from extreme weather changes. Automated tools for ventilation, supplemental lighting and heating can easily be integrated into a greenhouse to help growers gain the advantage of a steady environment.
Many growers find that because of seasonal constraints, they must make supplemental income from a second career. Creating an operation that provides income all year means growers never have to take a seasonal break and can maintain their positions in the market place, increasing product and profit. An even greater advantage comes for growers who can meet market demands during a time that competition is limited.
Why build now?
Building a greenhouse prior to the end of the season helps create a seamless transition into the greenhouse before inclement weather slows down an operation or leaves plants out in the cold. Nothing is worse than waiting too long and losing plants to frost or losing construction time to heavy snowfall. Ideally, growers want to leave themselves plenty of time to make the most of the cold season and start new projects like crop planning or growing ornamentals for the holidays. Even the longest winters can fly by, and growers can rest assured that there is never too much preparation that can be done before spring sneaks up on us.
Growers have to consider how much time they leave for construction. Construction is easier for crews before winter arrives, and allows plenty of extra time for design, site preparation and delivery of materials.
For more information:
GrowSpan Greenhouse Structures
1395 John Fitch Blvd
South Windsor, Connecticut 06074
Toll-free USA: (800) 476 9715
International: +1 860 528 9550
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Guyana: Three-acre greenhouse commissioned at Plympton Farms
- 2023-11-27 UK: MP gets a look at high-tech facilities at Hadlow College
- 2023-11-24 Japanese project to increase agricultural development in Luzon
- 2023-11-24 Greenhouse expansion in Tajikistan: a catalyst for year-round agricultural growth
- 2023-11-23 US (FL): Horti complex enters second phase of development
- 2023-11-23 Kazakhstan: 605 farmer's greenhouses receive certification according to national standards
- 2023-11-22 Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency (TİKA) installed two greenhouses in Somalia, each with a 250 sq meters area
- 2023-11-21 A greenhouse for seedlings for 250 thousand plants was built in the Kaliningrad region
- 2023-11-17 US (TX): 10-acre expansion completed for Temple-based greenhouse
- 2023-11-17 CED invests 1.5m CAD in Harnois Industries
- 2023-11-17 Belarus: Year-round cucumber cultivation will be achieved after greenhouse modernization in the Kirov district
- 2023-11-17 Philippines: Greenhouse project launched in Eastern Samar town
- 2023-11-16 China: Govt. donates greenhouse project to Guiuan town
- 2023-11-16 UK: New 'vertical greenhouse' of growing towers to supply fresh produce to restaurant, food hall, and cookery school
- 2023-11-16 US (NC): Biltmore Estate's deep rooted agro-world revealed
- 2023-11-15 This is how much a university greenhouse in Brazil produces per square meter